Catamaran from Puerto Plata?

M

Marvin

We are heading to Jack Tarr in March and was in the area a few years ago also. At that time we took a Catamaran that sailed over to Sosua. The crew was great and we had a good time, but the snorkeling wasn't good. By any chance, has anyone found a Catamaran that emphasizes the snorkeling a little more? Is there much too see just off the beach at Jack Tarr? Any advise is helpful.

M

Marvin

I apologize to all of you that answer a lot of questions on this forum. I should have checked the archives before I posted. It looks like the same basic catamaran trip is offered as the last time I was there - at that time it was called La Pantera i believe. I did see a thread about some kind of near disaster on one of the trips. I couldn't tell if Freestyle is still running trips or not, or if they were the ones that had the problem. Anyone know?

A

A.J.

YES- Freestyle is still running

Freestyle is still running in the North coast, and they still offer great Tours. The crew and all employees are wonderful and very helpful ,and must be commended on their quick thinking on the day of the so called "problem" that was due to a quick weather change- i.e. winds and waves not due to any negligance by the crew or company.

I would recommend Freestyle over Pantera any and every day.