Santo Domingo - Place for a drink at Sunset?

jpoesq1

Feb 18, 2009
Does anyone have a suggestion for a good place to get a drink and watch the sunset?

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
I second that

Adrian Tropical, if you're in Santo Domingo...

Adrian Tropical is a great place and not expensive. I just wouldn't go there on a very windy day unless you just like the taste of sea water. The lower levels face South but I guess you could get a great shot at the sunset on the upper level.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
....the third floor of Malecon Center...

I often pop in there to watch the pelicans and frigate birds ride the thermals while munching a Pizzarelli slice.

The Viva girls were there a few days ago. No extra charge for the eye candy.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Adrian is a good place for sunset. For a lower end joint, there is a place on avenida espana right before you get to charles degaulle, a block away from hotel aquarium that used to be called sunset bar. It is some kind of "sports bar" now though I doubt they really have any sports on TV. Nice view of the sunset and you could walk across the street and sit on the benches right on the water.

Reactions: Tamborista

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
I've Never Been....

BTW, another nice place, believe it or not, is the third floor of Malecon Center. They have a balcony that stretches across the front, and is hardly ever occupied.

There's also a Pizza Shop, a BON/Yogenfruz ice cream shop, and a couple of small bars and restaurants.

Hey JD, I will check out the Malecon Center when i go this coming May. Anything in particular I should lookout for? recommended restaurants or bars or hang out spots? Is it only 3rd floor? I am excited to go since I always drive by but never stopped in. Thanks for your input. :cheeky: