Is there a health food / naturopathic store in Santo Domingo?

Slick James

Mar 11, 2010
Hey hey hey...I'm moving to Santo Domingo for about a year and wanted to know if there's a North-American-style health food / naturopathic store in the city. Should I be bringing a years' worth of vitamins, supplements, herbal remedies and non-chemical soap, or can you get these types of things down there?

Thanks!

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Hey hey hey...I'm moving to Santo Domingo for about a year and wanted to know if there's a North-American-style health food / naturopathic store in the city. Should I be bringing a years' worth of vitamins, supplements, herbal remedies and non-chemical soap, or can you get these types of things down there?

Thanks!

Have GNC here, Red on Lopa de Vega has some organic foods. Amway is here. Herbal life has some presence on Delgado block up from independencia

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There are several health food shops in Santo Domingo, including Org?nica in Plaza Catalunya on Gustavo Mej?a Ricart Ave. between Churchill and Lincoln Avenues, the Mercado Ecol?gico in Mirador Sur, Madre Tierra in Zona Universitaria, Ananda in Gazcue, and several others dotted round the city.

I can't find contact details for all of them, but here are a couple:
Mercado Ecol?gico - e-mail fama@codetel.net.do
Tel: (809) 482 7463.

Ananda - Casimiro de Moya 7, Gazcue Tel: (809) 682-4465

All the large supermarkets in Santo Domingo sell health food products - Nacional, Carrefour, Pola, Bravo and La Cadena all have health food sections.

jjc

Sep 16, 2011
needgreater?

Slick james... you sound like a need-greater to me... am i right?
=)

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
You will not find the vast selection that you will find in the States here. I can get my Chinese sandlewood soap here but not Dr Bonners. I usually come back from the States with lots of vitamins since they are much cheaper there. You will find soy and some supplements but I would bring your basics for the first year til you find your way around

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
You will not find the vast selection that you will find in the States here. I can get my Chinese sandlewood soap here but not Dr Bonners. I usually come back from the States with lots of vitamins since they are much cheaper there. You will find soy and some supplements but I would bring your basics for the first year til you find your way around

Cheap vitamins? Right up the street from you in just about any store in Chinatown they sell Multis, A, B-12, B Complex, Coral Calcium, fish oil, all manners of teas, ginseng/royal jelly shots, etc. I can not guarantee exactly what's in those vitamins :) but I chose to have faith that they were as good of quality & that's generally where I bought mine while I lived in Sto Dgo. Madre Tierra was more expensive but was also a worthy little shop, which is also in Gazcue & close to you.