Fireguy

It is with great sadness that I have to announce that "Fireguy" Gregg Andrews passed away this morning due to complications from his heart surgery.
A great loss to the DR1 forums and Beyond the Beach Children's Foundation.

Rest in peace amigo
nnpgee.gif
R.I.P.

Hlywud

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
WOW!!! I'm speechless :(

That is very sad news, Gregg was a fabulous person and it was an honor to have him as part of DR1.

My condolences go out to Gregg's family. If I can do anything to help, please let me know.

Robert.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Damn...I don't know what to say...

This is terrible news. My sincerest condolences to his family.

Rest in peace, brother-you will be missed.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I wrote a note to WUD, and curiously, my verbage was quite similar to that of Berzin. I was dumbstruck by the news, but when I saw the note from Wud, I had the feeling it was not good news.

Geeezz, Gregg...we are going to really miss you and your truly wonderful insights. As one of the few that have graced my house with your presence, I do have a piece of you here. God Speed, Gregg.

Our best to that great family..

Luis & the AHB Clan

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
OMG I can't believe it. I always joked with him about not looking his age ( he looked younger) but I had no idea he had heart problems.

My condolences to his wife Giselle and the rest of Gregg's family.

"We will miss you" is an understatement.

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
never met him but from his posts he was a very good and smart man
my condolences to his family

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Ditto to being speechless.

So sorry to learn of this very sad outcome.

Greggs posts were a great pleasure to read. I always admired his wonderful contributions to BTBCF and DR1.

My profound condolences to his family and many friends here on DR1.

Rest in peace Gregg. You will be missed.

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Working all these years for the BTBCF and DR1, he was obviously a man with a big heart full of love for the Dominican Republic. I'm sure he made a difference in the lives of the children with his work over the years. My condolences to his family and friends.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Wow.

I never saw that coming. So sad.

Grace and peace for all who grieve...

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
As I pick my jaw off the floor I am in utter shock. The community has lost a "good one". Pat and I were looking forward to seeing him again and meeting his family this coming November. I don't know what to say. You will be missed by many. God Bless you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Bob K

siegs

May 9, 2006
Oh my gosh.
I'm shocked and sorry to hear this.
I enjoyed reading his words.
Best thoughts and wishes to his family.
Scott

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Such sad news. We have corresponded over the years in regards to Beyond the Beach. To his family please accept our condolences ; knowing his passion for DR volunteerism may I suggest we all honor his memory by a donation in his name to Beyond the Beach.

Wonderful idea

Such sad news. We have corresponded over the years in regards to Beyond the Beach. To his family please accept our condolences ; knowing his passion for DR volunteerism may I suggest we all honor his memory by a donation in his name to Beyond the Beach.

If you are so inclined cashier cheques or money order can be sent to

Beyond the Beach Children's Foundation

C/O B. Heather Henderson

PO Box 1444

Blenheim ON. Canada

N0P 1A0

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
i've always enjoyed Gregg's posts and am really sorry to lose him.. i am sure he lived life to the fullest; he certainly expressed that in his writing.

my thoughts are with his family

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Truly shocked and sorry to hear this very sad news.
RIP Gregg and many condolences to his family and close friends.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I hope I can see the name "Gregg Andrews" posted in one of the streets of Dominican Republic in the future, this man spent part of his life working in favor of our country with no personal interest. I had the honor to meet him as Hillbilly asked me to pick him up at SDQ a couple years ago, one of the best day I ever had in my life as we spent most of the day together on the way stopping for lunch to take pictures or just for a drink.
Dominican Republic lost a great man today.

My condolence to his family.

JJ

Last edited: