rockys on a budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

nodramanostress

Jan 29, 2010
Ok fellas..this is my second trip to Sosua. This time I need advice to really be economical. Do they sell the cheap styro-foam coolers at the colmada near Rockys or the main grocery store on the highway? And would you advise me to buy 12 packs of beer, water, and sodas in the room in this cooler? Is ice cheap and easy to find, and how much. Is this better than going to bars each time I get thirsty? Rockys food is excellent and kind of reasonable, but I want any recommendations on dirt cheap places to eat within walking distance. Are snacks at the grocery store reasonable,

Basically I need a budget trip for Rockys survival list..lol..
And prices would help a lot if you know them

Richie

Mar 30, 2005
My advice would be to breakfast at Rockys and fill your boots with enough eggs and coffee to keep you running for the day. Four pancakes or basic omellete are v. good value. Lunch can be yoghurt, bananas and nut bars from the supermarket next door. La Costera is an excellent restaurant/cafe up Clissante a little past the Europa (rissoles with potatoes, veg and salad is the best value in town at 130 pesos). Other places and beach bars have different daily specials and happy hours (look out for deals that include a beer or offer a discount when food is ordered - Britannia and nearby coffee bar, Cafe Cubana, usually have daily specials). Patties from the numerous street stands are another cheap way to fill up on stodge in the evenings. If you fancy a treat one night try the Buen Gusto on the road that runs around the back of Rosen (typical restaurant fare at lower than normal prices).
If you want drinks only, and can stand the low rent atmosphere, Flow (the big noisy bar just past the corner of Clissante and Rosen) is usually the cheapest in town but may now be breeding competition.

Most important thing is not to let your eyes be bigger than you belly (as my old dad used to say). It's surprising how little your body really needs to eat to get by, especially when it's hot.

nodramanostress

Jan 29, 2010
wow, thanks A lot, All of this I am writing down, great intel and all suggesstions and advice ....I love it!!!!! KEEP IT COMING!!!!PLEASE!!!!!

May 29, 2006
I used a 12 can Arctic Zone cooler. Under $20 from Target and many other stores or online. It holds a bag of ice and 10 bottles of beer easy. It has a hard plastic liner so it's also handy when you want pack things that you don't want crushed.

51QIJugsC3L._AA260_.jpg

Be sure to drink lots of water, esp when you first arrive. For what you pay for a small bottle in a bar, you can buy a gallon in a colmado.

If you haven't booked yet at Rocky's, be sure to do so soon.

nodramanostress

Jan 29, 2010
I used a 12 can Arctic Zone cooler. Under $20 from Target and many other stores or online. It holds a bag of ice and 10 bottles of beer easy. It has a hard plastic liner so it's also handy when you want pack things that you don't want crushed.

51QIJugsC3L._AA260_.jpg

Be sure to drink lots of water, esp when you first arrive. For what you pay for a small bottle in a bar, you can buy a gallon in a colmado.

If you haven't booked yet at Rocky's, be sure to do so soon.

Already booked!!!!!!!! THANKS Alot....I found a cooler just like that around the house yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.