People From Islamic Countries Moving To The D.R. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobsimmons

Oct 14, 2009
I would like to ask this question of Senior Guzman since he would know the answer to this question.

Are there a lot of people from the Islamic countries who have moved to the D.R. or are presently moving to the D.R.? This question includes those who are coming to the D.R. from the Islamic countries in order to work on "virtual residency" leading to a passport....

Have you noticed a greater influx now than in the past? Please also share other details in regard to my question also that I may have forgotten to ask about....

As you can see, this question of mine is very generic and betrays no prejudice or discrimination in the words in my question and also in the tone of my questions.

Thanks for a reply, Bob :glasses:

Mar 1, 2009
Ahlan wa sahlan! I can see believers around La capital more and more. They are setting up stores and markets. On the plane from Fort Lauderdale to AILA I saw two women with hijabs. I asked them where they we're from in Arabic and they told me they we're Dominicana's married to men from the middle east.

There is one mini masjid that I have heard about and that one of the ladies confirmed exists in La capital. I believe that funds are being acquired to find a bigger space. That leads me to think that if a bigger building is needs more adherents are coming.

I forsee the setting up of the Sociedad Islamica Dominicana. Al-Jumhuriyaa Islamiyaa Dominicana. I am learning arabic so that might be the way the future society name might be written.

Bislama

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
There are plenty of Arabs and people of Arabic descent in The DR. Also there are (or used to be) many students from countries like Pakistan, Iran, etc. going to college there. Heck I even met a guy from Afghanistan down there - He was not studying though. At least I didn't think he was as he was driving a very expensive Lexus SUV and had two Uzzis next to the driver seat...but I digress.

The thing is the Arabs for instance have pretty much integrated into Dominican society and actually most of them are now prominent families down there, including one ex-president. I don't know if they are practicing Muslims and if they are do they so mostly in the privacy of their homes or is there a mosque they attend.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Not to be a pain but...

The thing is the Arabs for instance have pretty much integrated into Dominican society and actually most of them are now prominent families down there, including one ex-president. I don't know if they are practicing Muslims and if they are do they so mostly in the privacy of their homes or is there a mosque they attend.

There are also many Arabs who are Christian such as Lebanese which I was told the DR had a significant community.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
As you can see, this question of mine is very generic and betrays no prejudice or discrimination in the words in my question and also in the tone of my questions.

Thanks for a reply, Bob :glasses:

The D.R. is going to need to have more regulations than that starting now if they want to keep out real trouble. There are countries in the world who have an official religion which states to its faithful followers that they must kill the infidel. It is in their religious book and those who do so are called terrorists by those on the outside but these so called terrorists are only following the teachings of their religious book which all followers of that religion read. Since most of the people in the D.R. would be classified as infidels since they are not a part of the particular religion of these countries THEN OBTAINING A CERTIFICATE OF GOOD CONDUCT FROM A COUNTRY WHICH OFFICIALLY SANCTIONS THE KILLING OF INFIDELS is not going to weed out those who should not be coming to the D.R. and is not going to keep the D.R. safe from real trouble in the future. The D.R. needs to enact legislation now to keep out the faithful followers of this religion (commonly called terrorists) before it is too late.

Bob :glasses:

Do I detect an agenda here?

Sorry, but I'm just unable to take this sort of stuff seriously.......(both posts posted today btw).

Mar 1, 2009
Oh Lambada you are such a sleuth:) A veritable Angela Lansbury, lol. The Dominican family's that are of middle eastern descent are super integrated into Dominican society. Dominican culture is really an amazing melting pot. They don't really think of themselves as anything other than Dominican after my asking them questions about their background. The recent arrivals are a different story they have strong links to their home countries. I heard that an iranian was caught after fleeing a jail in Haiti after the quake.

There is yet the amount of muslim penetration in DR as there is in Europe. Dominican society is very conservative and catholic so muslims being out in the open behaving like they do in London really won't happen here. It could create a backlash and los tigueres could easily be incited. However if careful and gentle indoctrination takes place an islamic movement could take place here as it's happened in the poor underprivileged neighborhoods of inner city america, where I come from.

Google it, there is a very good islamic community center just blocks away, very good bean pie's.
187 North 2nd street
Newark N.J.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
I haven't noticed any increase in clients applying for residence from Islamic countries. We have always had some from Pakistan, Iran and the Gulf States but not many.

Most Dominicans of middle eastern extraction descend from Christian immigrants, from Lebanon mostly, who started arriving in the late 19th century. They are totally integrated into Dominican society.

Brugalogy32

Apr 13, 2010
The Lebanese date back to the 1800's and have settled all over South, Central and Latin America. They are mostly christian. Shakira (Barranquilla, Colombia) and Salma Hayek (Mexico) both have Lebanese roots. As for other Arab, Asian and Middle Eastern muslims settling there present day. There are some who I would suspect are medical students. I am sure there are some down there to take advantage of the "money talks" aspect of the DR. Procuring dominican ID's learning Spanish and to dance merengue. I am sure we could all figure out why. Remember if it doesn't look right, feel right or sound right it probably isn't.

DaveJohnson

Sep 30, 2008
They are totally integrated into Dominican society.

This is their plan. Many of the terrorists who attacked the U.S. were so integrated prior to their attacks that their neighbors were shocked when they found out that their neighbors were involved with terrorist attacks.

The goal of the Jihadists is to take over the world. So they are integrating themselves into Dominican society right now and immigration is allowing it to happen, and at the right time they will rise up because their goal is to either convert the "infidel" to Sharira law or kill him.

:ermm:

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
Scared!

This is their plan. Many of the terrorists who attacked the U.S. were so integrated prior to their attacks that their neighbors were shocked when they found out that their neighbors were involved with terrorist attacks.

The goal of the Jihadists is to take over the world. So they are integrating themselves into Dominican society right now and immigration is allowing it to happen, and at the right time they will rise up because their goal is to either convert the "infidel" to Sharira law or kill him.

Oh come on. You have been watching Fox News too much.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com

:ermm:

You quoted Dr. Guzman's post so.........are you trying to educate him about Dominicans of Lebanese descent???

He is talking about the Majlutas, Hazims, Musas and many others who have been here for over 100 years. Majluta was a President of the DR, Walter Musa is our Mayor in Puerto Plata.

The descendants of Lebanese Christians are NOT jihadists. If that needs explaining maybe someone with more patience for the cerebrally afflicted could take over here.....:rolleyes:

Reactions: waytogo
Status
Not open for further replies.