Cable de Norte - New bad service record

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Anyone that has any alternative to Cable de Norte - go with that alternative!!

Ok, so now actually the Internet works ok. After all this mess late last year with changing modem etc.

Cable TV - the picture has been horrible for a long time, but I don?t watch much TV so really no big deal. It saves me the aggrevation to talk to the air heads at their office...BUT this weekend I really wanted to see the golf on Golf Channel. I called them wednesday. "No problem a technician will come thursday" Well of course he did not show up. I call "He will be there first thing friday morning" Well he did not show up so I went to the office with the box. And while she was watching her novelas and playing with her laptop, she says that the box needs to be repaired. Fine, give me another one so I can watch the golf, you remember what you promised me wednesday. She gives me that u-r-an-idiot-look, and explains that of course they can not do that... It will be ready monday. "Muchas gracias!" She did not understand the sarcasm...

And today tuesday, the technician showed up. "u needed service". Yeah, but u have my box at the office. "Ohhhh, ok I will be back in 15 min" 4 hours later and counting...

How stupid can a company be?

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
It is 'managed' by the son of the founder of the company, Hector. He's a jet-set kid who spends more time in Miami and other social hot spots that overseeing the 'smooth' operation that is the internet and cable joke of Cabarete and surrounding areas.

I could go on and on about how many times they've screwed up, mislead, no-showed and billed incorrectly, but you'd all fall alseep and there's a bit of a party going on this weekend.

Last edited:
They are all millionaires or simply too lazy to collect your money.
We get www and TV via two satellite dishes.
No Dominicans involved... :bunny:

donP

Very very interesting. If i could, i would do the same thing. But today we are living in a apartment, so there is no space for a couple of satellite dishes.

But later when the we need more space we are going to invest in a normal house. Maybe i will send you a PM then to ask for information regarding these dishes??!

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
I could go on and on about how many times they've screwed up, mislead, no-showed and billed incorrectly, but you'd all fall alseep and there's a bit of a party going on this weekend.

Well I had time and just had "to write it out of my brain...". Got my box back today, and yeah some channels work. :)

Did not know about Hector... Thats kind of funny, bc he was the one that installed my Internet. It was a lot of problems...and I had technicians trying to fix it. Anyway I met him out in the disco one night, and yeah some mojitos... He asked me "Hows ur Internet working?" I was in a good mood, smiled and said "It really sucks, but u know what, I don?t care bc the surf was great today and I know it is not ur fault that the company is ****ed up..." oooops

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
Did not know about Hector... Thats kind of funny, bc he was the one that installed my Internet. It was a lot of problems...and I had technicians trying to fix it. Anyway I met him out in the disco one night, and yeah some mojitos... He asked me "Hows ur Internet working?" I was in a good mood, smiled and said "It really sucks, but u know what, I don?t care bc the surf was great today and I know it is not ur fault that the company is ****ed up..." oooops

That's funny and don't worry, he's used to hearing it ;)

Enjoy the surf this weekend, if the wind backs off it will be Epic.......

Status
Not open for further replies.