Samana Santa Party In Cabarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Does anyone know which night is the best night for the big beach party in Cabarette.

Is it Friday or Saturday night?

The beach on both days is crowded as the structures for the signs and banners were being put in place last weekend but I have yet to see any info.

Am I the only gringo that's going?

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Mike,

Both parties are actually on Saturday. Party starts on Sat at 12:00am. If they turn on the music on Friday at 11:55pm the police will confiscate the equipment. I have seen this happen in the past. The party that starts on Sat @ 12am is awesome because everyone is hovering around waiting for the music to be turned on. People ususally chill in their hotel pools or the beach zipping on the drinks of their choice. Once that clock hits man oh man PEOPLE GO WILD.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Am I the only gringo that's going?

You are kidding right? Anyway, there will be a LOT of gringos (in the meaning no-dominicans) like always, but also the richer dominicans from mostly Santiago. U want a party, u have it! :)

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
You are kidding right? Anyway, there will be a LOT of gringos (in the meaning no-dominicans) like always, but also the richer dominicans from mostly Santiago. U want a party, u have it! :)

Of course I was kidding about being the only gringo going it's that i was surprised no one else posted.

Saturday night it is!

Mar 2, 2008
Mike, I might be interested in making the trip to Cabarette. Please let me know the date of your departure and the date of your return, and I might go with you.

It really does sound like a very good time.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
For the record, the beach is pretty dead on Sunday...it's mainly clean-up crews and some families with kids...most adults are elsewhere, on their way home, or sleeping off the party...

There's a countdown Friday at midnight like New Year's Eve...it's pretty cool...but gets VERY crazy...think an all-night RAVE with several thousand people, mostly (well) under 25...Dinner on the beach Friday night is a little surreal...tons of people milling about and NO music...

The big free concert is Saturday night...usually down on the quieter end of the beach..towards Velero. I think this year Frank Reyes is headlining, and the "Pepe" guys are performing, along with several others...

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Mike, I might be interested in making the trip to Cabarette. Please let me know the date of your departure and the date of your return, and I might go with you.

It really does sound like a very good time.

Saturday night before midnight depending on liquor availability.

I would take a taxi before 9pm if they are serving drinks at Joses.

It's fun so let me know !

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2008
If what DavidZ says is correct (and I am sure it is) I would love to join you, provided there are taxis returning to Sosua when all is said and done, in the wee hours.

I have never been, and it does sound like a lot of fun.

Can we meet at Rocky's to discuss it?

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
If what DavidZ says is correct (and I am sure it is) I would love to join you, provided there are taxis returning to Sosua when all is said and done, in the wee hours.

I have never been, and it does sound like a lot of fun.

Can we meet at Rocky's to discuss it?

No problem as there are many taxis available and I know the owner of the Fleet and get a discount as soon as I show his card.

He picked me up 2 years ago when I was dating that Hot Colombian Chick,

We were going to Cabarette and as soon as he saw her he slammed on the brakes !

It was his personnal vehicle and he did not charge me one peso so I always use Eddy Morfe

I just found his card!

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Have fun. It is the last place I will be.

Thanks I will.

What I can't understand is that you are married to a Dominican girl but you will not allow any dominican girls to stay with a gringo in any of your 2 units that you rent.

Why is that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.