Caribe Tours Bus & Place to Stay

Calmclam

Mar 29, 2005
I have read a previous thread on Caribe Tours Bus which was very helpful but I need additional info.

I am in Cabrera until the end of August and want to visit some friends I made while in the DR on a service trip several years ago. They live at Batey Palamara which is just south of Villa Altagracia at Km 20 on the Autopista Duarte. Is it safe to assume that I take a bus from Cabrera to Santo Domingo and tell them where I want to get off? Will they stop in the middle of nowhere or do I need to get off at a terminal? However, I don’t see Villa Altagracia on the list and don’t want to go too far afield.

The distance from the Autopista to the Batey is only about a mile and I’m fine taking a motoconcho at this point.

Next I need advice/suggestions about how to find a place to stay so I can spend several days in the area. At this intersection on the Autopista there is a small village. I don’t want anything fancy, just a clean safe place to sleep. There is a big fancy golf course nearby, the name of which escapes me and probably has prices I can’t afford. I’m a gringa, 70 years young and speak Spanish better than a tourist. Oh, yes…with limited funds. ;-))

Susan

Last edited: