DR1 Expert on Vacation

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I hope you're having a thoroughly restful, enjoyable vacation, Dr. Guzman. I know you're not back for another week yet but I thought if I left this message here, you might see it when you do get back.

I was reading about the proposed new C?digo de Tr?nsito y Transporte Terrestre. I know there is a long way to go before this becomes law (has yet to be submitted to Congress) but I would be most interested in hearing your views on it. I'm going to assume you probably know more about what is proposed than this article provides:
Nuevo c?digo cancelar?a licencias de conducir

Don't panic people ;). There is no suggestion of cancelling everyone's licence, just those who break the law & have accumulated sufficient points to lose their licences.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
sorry i read this so late, Fabio,
i hope you had a relaxing perfect vacation.
i am on my own in Europe actually til end of the month.
Ginnie,
that will when finally passed bring a firstly loud out cry on all sides, but like Fabio stated, it is absolutely usual practice in very most countries, i would guess at the moment they start to discuss it the stuff will pass quick and be the law/rule, and not a bad one.
Mike

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the [point which will be the big one in the first time is that vehicles, means busses/motoconchose/cars/Vans/Pick ups etc etc will not be allowed anymore to transport more passengers than the matricula of the vehicle shows.
so eachMoto could take just 1 passenger, no mother with a child to bring to school for example, no pick up truck would be allowed to stop and load some school kids to bring them home for free.
while such rules of course make all fully sense safetywise, at many specific areas they can not be forced from one day to an other, not without providing EVERYWHERE effordable or free roundtrip transportation for the children on public schools.
also the Trucks loaded with constructionsite workers etc would be illeal to drive that way.
sure all such lil probs can be solved, but i don't see it as a quick solution from one day to an other.
Mike