Palmar Grande Altamira

Status
Not open for further replies.

bronxbomber

Oct 30, 2008
Hey guys, just wondering if you guys had heard of this campo and if so how is the area??? Will be traveling there soon and just wanted to get an idea how the area is there??/

Thanks

Imbert369

Sep 21, 2008
Whats up BB what do you need to know? I'am in Imbert which is about 15min away. Altamira is like imbert small everyone knows each other quiet. Nightlife nothing going on there most will go to Santiago or PP if have a car. Coconut Ranch is close they have a pool but you have to pay 50 pesos a person.(dont jump in untill you verify price) Theres a couple of small colmadoes that serve beer and have music most go to the square in the center of town to people watch and drink. Most will come to imbert on weekends because we have a large ranch and a few drinking places that cars with huge speakers come and everyone basically hangs out and drinks around that. Let me know any specifics...

bronxbomber

Oct 30, 2008
Thanks Imbert for the info. Well I have been dating a girl that lives there. I am going to visit her next Sunday and wanted to know how the area was. I knew there was like a gas station and behind it there is a bar. Now I seen some of these in Sosua but they were filled with prostitutes. Is it the same around Imbert or. Is there a lot of girls selling themselves to Dominican dudes or not really??? Just curious before I head out there.

Thanks again Imbert!!

Imbert369

Sep 21, 2008
LoL you made me laugh brother nah nothing like that Imbert and Altamira,it is more of a typical town not filled with tourist and things that go with it. What you will get is a typical feel of the real Dominican Republic since your lady is from a small town you will do things typical for that if you like those things ie, cook in the river, visit family, play dominoes, drink relax and enjoy. Now there is a lot of other things to do as you venture out now if your lady wants to party she'll take you out to clubs in PP and Santiago. You will need some wheels to get you home if you thinking about renting let me know in a PM. make sure she takes you to Maimon to eat fish Parada Johon is the best, left hand side of the street closed Mondays. If you are planning on visiting Imbert you proberly will let me know I'll have a couple of friends meet you. In such none off that stuff you were thinking most of the girls you will meet will need intoductions from friends and family to really interact with you.

bronxbomber

Oct 30, 2008
Perfect. Thanks so much Imbert. You cleared up a lot for me. I'm getting ready to head out there in a couple days. She told me she lived 20 minutes off the main road. So yea, I'm guessing it's in the middle of no where but I will enjoy it. Im defintiley going to tell her to take me to get some fish. Where exactly is Parada johon?? Once again thanks for all the help!!!

Imbert369

Sep 21, 2008
Parada Johon is in Maimon its on the way to PP. If you take a GuaGua just ask them to let you off in Maimon they will let you off real close, its across the street when you get off. 20 min of the main road forget about typical you will get the real expericence there's nothing up there. I'am almost sure its the back road out of Guanico(sp)going through a small mountain into Altamira anyway enjoy and let me know how its went anymore questions just ask....

Status
Not open for further replies.