The young Baseball season

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
In the early part of the season some teams are off to great starts including my team, the Yankees. And they are doing well without much offense from Mark Teixiera and Alex Rodriguez as yet. If they can stay healthy, they look very hard to beat with a team that seems better than last year with the possible exception of Johnson vs Matsui at the DH. Nich Johnson has been a dud so far and is showing me little except taking a lot of pitches and getting walked. That is 3 of 9 batters in an early season slump and they still beat the better teams.

What are your predictions?

Go Yankees.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Same as last year.

It's hard to imagine the 2010 WS without the MFYs and the Phillies.

If Tampa's pitching stays out of slumps, they'll give the MFYs a full-season run for the best record. They're solid.

I really like Minnesota. Liriano is crucial, he has to have a good season. New ball bark, lots of good karma rolling with the Twins.

In the NL, I like Millwaukee and the Rockies, and I hope Atlanta is in there too. Anyone but the Mets.

I'll be pulling for the Saaaaaaaawx of course. If they can fix the Ortiz situation (it's going to get ugly soon) I think they have plenty of offense, defense and pitching to compete. The reports of their demise are greatly over-blown.

Reactions: mike l

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I can only hope that the RedSucks wallow near the bottom of the division. But I know I can't have everything. At least their games with the Yankees are always interesting to watch regardless of the standings.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
I said it before and I repeat it now, Boston won't win 90 games this season, they have the best pitching and defense in baseball but the offense just isn't there, specially in the toughest division in baseball, AL EAST. Maybe they could pull it off in the NL but not there competing against the powerful Yankees and the Rays. (Who would've said that the Rays would convert in such a force)