Joel Rosario at the Kentucky Derby

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The Courier-Journal of Louisville, Kentucky reports on 25-year old Dominican Joel Rosario and how he will be racing in the Kentucky Derby. The newspaper says Rosario "has established himself as one of the top two or three riders on the Southern California circuit during the past two years. Rosario won the Del Mar and Hollywood riding titles in 2009, and finished 5th in the US with purse earnings of US$13 million last year. He will be riding Make Music for Me in the Derby set for tomorrow. Betters have little expectation that Make Music for Me will win.

Make Music For Me | courier-journal.com | The Courier-Journal

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Dominican jockey 4th in Derby
In an exciting final stretch run, 25-year old Dominican jockey Joel Rosario riding Make Music for Me moved up from last place through the first 3/4 mile to fourth at the finish. He raced before 155,804 fans that braved heavy early morning rain and sporadic showers throughout the day to watch the 136th Kentucky Derby.
Rosario told the Kentucky Courier-Journal that his colt “held the track really good,” but the pace was probably faster than he would have liked.
Rosario is regarded as one of the top two or three riders on the Southern California circuit during the past two years. Rosario won the Del Mar and Hollywood riding titles in 2009, and finished 5th in the US with purse earnings of US$13 million last year. The Derby was won by WinStar Farm LLC’s Super Saver.
Watch the race at Kentucky Derby 136 Race Replay | 2010 Kentucky Oaks & Derby | April 30 - May 1, 2010 | Tickets, Events, News