Free wifi in Boca Chica

edm7583

May 29, 2007
Hello does anyone know of any restaurants, bars, etc. in Boca Chica that offer free wifi for its customers? The hotel where I'll be staying does not offer it at all, and other major hotels offer it for a fee.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Hello does anyone know of any restaurants, bars, etc. in Boca Chica that offer free wifi for its customers? The hotel where I'll be staying does not offer it at all, and other major hotels offer it for a fee.
What hotel are you staying at? As mentioned in a previous post the Boat House is a nice spot.

Reactions: Lucille

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007

There's little internet cafes all along Calle Duarte for $10RD per half hour. Don't sweat it, they have everything you need on the cheap.

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
Playa Vista at mid beach used to have it (if you bought a drink there). Don't know if it's still available.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Hi Pedro, it was a pleasure meeting you here at the Boathouse. Clarence has started again about 3 weeks ago and is open for biz every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. As a matter of fact I'm waiting on one of his great hamburgers right now!!!

That's great news. We met him during the innauguration (Jan 20 '09) which we watched with him there at the Boathouse and the place was pure home cooking. Didn't see him this March and thought he'd moved on. Good to hear he's back.

edm7583

May 29, 2007
Thank you for your help everyone. I'm at the Boat House on my laptop right now because of your recommendation.

As I had previously posted on this thread, (which, for an unknown reason, isn't here anymore.. ) I'm staying at the Hotetur Dominican Bay and they don't have wifi. I'm well aware that Boca Chica is nothing like the other beaches of the DR that I've visited. Still, the flight/hotel deal I got made it incredibly cheap and I have easy access to the capital.

Last edited:

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Just to report that I ate Clarence's ribs yesterday.
Enormous, delicious, baked beans, potato salad and chocolate cake.
The meatiest ribs I ever had.
Thoroughly recommended.

100% excellent!

mishugana

Dec 15, 2006
Thank you for your help everyone. I'm at the Boat House on my laptop right now because of your recommendation.

As I had previously posted on this thread, (which, for an unknown reason, isn't here anymore.. ) I'm staying at the Hotetur Dominican Bay and they don't have wifi. I'm well aware that Boca Chica is nothing like the other beaches of the DR that I've visited. Still, the flight/hotel deal I got made it incredibly cheap and I have easy access to the capital.
Where is Hotetur Dominican Bay?

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
I know this sounds like a stupid question, but, where is the Boat House in BC?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I know this sounds like a stupid question, but, where is the Boat House in BC?

THE BOAT HOUSE is located at Calle Duarte #34, the Main Street, on the beach at Boca Chica. It is approximately 120 meters west of the western wall of the Hotel Hamaca.

(from TBH website)

Reactions: Lucille and mike l

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
THE BOAT HOUSE is located at Calle Duarte #34, the Main Street, on the beach at Boca Chica. It is approximately 120 meters west of the western wall of the Hotel Hamaca.

(from TBH website)

Thanks Tamborista!

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
Where is Hotetur Dominican Bay?

I think it's the all inclusive at the west end of the beach. Facilities on the beach and hotel a block up the hill. I've heard it has been going down hill, service wise, of late.