Terrazzo flooring needed in Santiago

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I have looked through all the previous threads using different word searches and couldn't find the info. I am looking for. I need the name of a company in Santiago that installs Terrazzo flooring or something of that quality to put inside of a small house. Also need the name of a first rate plumber in Santiago. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Industrias Menicucci
Autopista Duarte Km 3.5, Santiago
809-582-7133

Do you know if they do different types of concrete based flooring, high polished, pebble looking on top, etc. And thank you for the contact info. My first call in the morning.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
My friend Anjito can do whatever you need at a great price. He has other DR1 refereces; lajackael, Luperon.

DRshooter

Apr 23, 2004
At Menicucci they have tile for every use. Ceramic, Terazzo, marble, rustic tile for outdoor use etc.

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
At Menicucci they have tile for every use. Ceramic, Terazzo, marble, rustic tile for outdoor use etc.

That was the first place I went to, the only problem is nothing is in stock. Everything on the floor is a 25 day wait because they manufacture each order when received. Very Very nice product line, the best quality I've seen in Santiago. Everything that I wanted to purchase was a wait and I have to finish this project by May 30th.

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
OK, It seems like the crap never ends. After not being able to place an order with Meniccuci because of the 25 day wait, the contractor who is doing the work took me to another tile store to see if there would be anything there that I would like. I found a ceramic floor tile that looked great, this was on Tuesday, May 11th. Paid 16,000 DP in cash and they promised delivery the next day, Wednesday. It never arrived and we called them on Thursday morning and they promised delivery that day, no later than Friday. Well, Friday came and went and still no tile and no phone call from them. Oh, by the way, their phone number on the receipt wasn't valid. The contractor had to go there and get their number for us on Wednesday morning. Now, it's Saturday, today, and we called and they promised again today or Monday. They were told absolutely not, that if the tile wasn't here today, We would be there Monday morning with the contractor and they had better have the money to make a refund. It is now 5:00 PM, they close in 1 hour and still no tile. What recourse do I have since they have not given me the product or even 1 phone call.
They said they were open until 6 today, just called and they are now closed, Nothing but deceit and lies.

CERAMICA & ACCESORIOS
Av. Rafael Vidal # 17 El Embrujo 1
Santiago, Rep. Dom.
829-581-9333

Last edited:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
OK, It seems like the crap never ends. After not being able to place an order with Meniccuci because of the 25 day wait, the contractor who is doing the work took me to another tile store to see if there would be anything there that I would like. I found a ceramic floor tile that looked great, this was on Tuesday, May 11th. Paid 16,000 DP in cash and they promised delivery the next day, Wednesday. It never arrived and we called them on Thursday morning and they promised delivery that day, no later than Friday. Well, Friday came and went and still no tile and no phone call from them. Oh, by the way, their phone number on the receipt wasn't valid. The contractor had to go there and get their number for us on Wednesday morning. Now, it's Saturday, today, and we called and they promised again today or Monday. They were told absolutely not, that if the tile wasn't here today, We would be there Monday morning with the contractor and they had better have the money to make a refund. It is now 5:00 PM, they close in 1 hour and still no tile. What recourse do I have since they have not given me the product or even 1 phone call.
They said they were open until 6 today, just called and they are now closed, Nothing but deceit and lies.

CERAMICA & ACCESORIOS
Santiago, Rep. Dom.
829-581-9333

Sorry to hear that. I know this business and is well respected and well known. Well respected among Dominicans though. Of course they rarely complain when things are late and it fact expect it.

I also believe one of our Dr1'er's family may own this store. Please keep us posted.

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
I thought you said terrazzo flooring...which is a system used in some houses in d.r. back in the 50's. It is a 5" slab on grade with light re-enforcement made of white concrete with small rocks as aggregate..polished to a shine. It is structural and last for ever.. if there is no settlement under the slab which could be remedied with sand under it. Terrazzo tiles is same principle but in a tile.
just seal it.. concrete absorbs liquids.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
waytogo, you might have fallen victim to the election weekend. They may have not had a full staff today - and/or closed early because of the election. Call first thing on Monday, things may be back to normal by then.

AE

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Sorry to hear that. I know this business and is well respected and well known. Well respected among Dominicans though. Of course they rarely complain when things are late and it fact expect it.

I also believe one of our Dr1'er's family may own this store. Please keep us posted.

Chip, as your know, Anjito arrives bright and early to do his work. He poured the concrete floor and can't continue now because of the tile not being here.
If I don't have the tile on Tuesday now because everything is closed on Monday, I will have to buy the tile somewhere else and battle them for a refund.
The guest house I am doing is owned by a big wig in the police dept. here in Santiago, and he and his family will be returning here on the 30th. from New York. This is his money, not mine, and I wouldn't want to be close to that store if he has to go there for his money. I promised him the project would be finished, and it would have been if not for their crap. He is a friend of mine so he won't be upset with me...thank god.

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
waytogo, you might have fallen victim to the election weekend. They may have not had a full staff today - and/or closed early because of the election. Call first thing on Monday, things may be back to normal by then.

AE

I was told the stores are always closed on the Monday after elections. I really hope they are open though. But elections weren't on Wed. and Thurs or Friday.

Reactions: mike l

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
This ferreteria just keeps on lying. They accept money and will not give you your purchase OR a refund. They are thieves and buyers beware. There is a DR1 er that intervened in my behalf and they have also lied to him. Went to the ferreteria yesterday afternoon again with the contractor and the owner said it was on the truck and if necessary he would personally deliver the merchandise no matter what time of night it was. Waited up until 3 am, stupid stupid me, and again no delivery and again no phone call. This saga is far from over...........
For anyone that has any intention of doing business with this store, if you do, consider your money thrown away. They lie and lie and lie........with a smile.
I THINK THIS STORE IS GOING BROKE.....

CERAMICA & ACCESORIOS
Santiago, Rep. Dom.
829-581-9333

From what I understand, the owner is the cousin to a very frequent and well known posting DR1'er. Should have purchased from Ochoa, at least they always act in a professional manner and give you your monies worth.

Last edited: