Embocca Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Embocca, and La Boca are 2 different places. Embocca is quite relaxing to spend a Sunday aft, its right on the beach and they also have a pool to relax in, food is good and beer usually is cold. Right across from the Parada Norte east of Cabarete.
La Boca is a little farther east at the mouth of the Yasica river, another nice place to hang out as well, food is a little cheaper than Embocca and is more to the Dominican menu.
Hope this helps

Reactions: Black Dog

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Embocca, and La Boca are 2 different places. Embocca is quite relaxing to spend a Sunday aft, its right on the beach and they also have a pool to relax in, food is good and beer usually is cold. Right across from the Parada Norte east of Cabarete.
La Boca is a little farther east at the mouth of the Yasica river, another nice place to hang out as well, food is a little cheaper than Embocca and is more to the Dominican menu.
Hope this helps

I stand corrected! Hammerdown, tell me more abot embocca please!

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
Could not be more different to each other.

La Boca is a very traditional Dominican restaurant on the river mouth. They serve great fish, have noisy music and is a fun place to hang out Dominican 'stylie' and watch the kiters pulling tricks on a windy afternoon.

Embocca is more of an Ibiza lounge type place, very cool vibe - trendy modern surroundings and pretty good food, but as Hammerdown said, way more pricey than La Boca. Embocca have 'tasting nights' where you can sample lots of different things on a menu. It's a 'hip' joint and caused quite a stir when it opened.

I'm PM'ing you their email - then you can go on their mailing list when they have a special night.

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
Clearly Luzcace meant La Boca and not Embocca.
Embocca is fantastic and pricey, more of a dinner place.
La Boca is the place to hang on on Sunday, that's the day they have the loud music. If you go there during the week you will pretty much have the place to yourself.
Try both, you will love them both, for very different reasons!

luzcace

Aug 19, 2004
www.luzcace.info
No, I meant Embocca, dont think I fancy the other place mentioned, which loud music and noise on my day off. Thanks for the info on Embocca, seems to be a great place to take it easy and relax.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Just a pointer, Embocca is open from friday to sunday......other than that I can't add any other info to swell's post....

Chareena

Apr 3, 2004
janssoncarina.blogspot.com
About La Boca

i think they only have loud music on a sunday when more locals are there

They only have loud music on Sundays. On weekdays it is very quiet, the only music they have on a weekday comes from a radio with no loudspeakers. The place is a gem if you like local quiet places with good fresh local food. There is no menu. You have to ask what they have in the kitchen. It?s a place off the beaten path, almost no tourists, just locals and some expats.

Status
Not open for further replies.