Bologna Caffe - Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
This morning we found our new favorite place for desayuno...... salmon and cream cheese bagels toasted to perfection, imported French croissants, great coffee, nice surroundings and comfortable temperature - hardly anyone there which surprised us. If you've not tried it, I highly recommend it.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
nice but pricey....there were quite a few people there the afternoon that I went, but my lady friend said she wont pay for me again as it was a bit on the expensive side

paddy

Silver
Oct 4, 2003
nice but pricey....there were quite a few people there the afternoon that I went, but my lady friend said she wont pay for me again as it was a bit on the expensive side
"LADY FRIEND"...now that's a blast from the past.

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
This morning we found our new favorite place for desayuno...... salmon and cream cheese bagels toasted to perfection, imported French croissants, great coffee, nice surroundings and comfortable temperature - hardly anyone there which surprised us. If you've not tried it, I highly recommend it.

How much did you pay?

Any 16%, 10%, etc?

Caz

May 15, 2004
Nice surroundings apart from the flies!! 2 pieces of cake and 4 coffees came to RD$600 - too shocked to remember about the tax!

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
Pizza

We went there and had pizzas and soft drinks-it came to about 20.00 US I think. The food was pretty good and the service was good as well. They also deliver. We'd go back. I do think that there was the 16% thing there.

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
So, we ate and drank;

one Cappucino, one cafe Machiato
one salmon and cream cheese bagel (which was big with lots of smoked salmon and cheese filling) one croissant, one chocolate chip muffin, one apple strudel type pastry and one chocolate croissant. Jim has a big appetite ;)

The bill was 640 pesos total incl. tax I guess.

Shocked, no.......because I get it that quality costs money and God knows Sosua could do with some quality. I applaud Lisa and her husband for trying to help Sosua into another sphere than sex tourism.

BTW, there were no flies at the time of our visit.

Reactions: LindseyKaufman

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
We eat there often. It certainly has improved (back to and maybe better then its old standards) since Lisa's return after the Ocean Village experiment.
They will now deliver as well.

Bob K

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Tor,
You are correct however they have expanded thier delivery area and in the recent past have added a small van. Before we used to get our Pizza delivered on a moto (dosent stay as warm).

Bob K

Status
Not open for further replies.