Where is the official info on visa fines?

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I{ve searched and got 2 different prices on overtaying the visa. I will be leaving after just under a 9month period and could really do with some official print out so they don{t try to stitch me at the airport.
Anyone?

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
I{ve searched and got 2 different prices on overtaying the visa. I will be leaving after just under a 9month period and could really do with some official print out so they don{t try to stitch me at the airport.
Anyone?

It's here in RD$:
Direccion General de Migracion

De 30 dias a 3 meses 800.00 -
De 3 meses a 9 meses 1,000.00 -
De 9 meses a 1 a?o 2,500.00 -
De 1 a?o a 1 a?o y 6 meses 4,000.00 -
De 1 a?o y medio a 2 a?os 5,000.00 -
De 2 a?os a 2 a?os y 6 meses6,500.00 -
De 2 a?os y medio a 3 a?os 9,000.00 -
De 2 a?os a 5 a?os 14,000.00 -
De 5 a?os en adelante 17,000.00 -

In your case up to 9 months RD$ 1,000.00
9 to 12 months RD$ 2,500.00
Bryan

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
overstay fine

I could almost swear that I paid RD$1500 for 6 months stay in late April.
Could the chart you refer to be "dated"?

Karlheinz

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I could almost swear that I paid RD$1500 for 6 months stay in late April.
Could the chart you refer to be "dated"?

Karlheinz

Most likely you were asked for RD$1500 and didn't challenge it? The sum you may be asked for doesn't necessarily have a relationship to the actual correct sum. Always best to carry a printout copy of website, some airports have the amounts posted publically in an obvious place, others don't.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I noticed the list has two many two years in it ......ie 2 to 2.5 , 2.5 to 3 and 2 to 5, how does this tarrif work may one ask ?

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
If you really want to freak them out then wave the cash in the air first, asking loudly for a receipt.

I had to do this when I was shanghai'd by immigration as I had a new passport delivered to the D.R. with no entry stamp so they 'assumed' that I had been here over the 30 day threshold.

After Vacara's post on me being part of the corruption problem because I had previously paid the money to corrupt police to get out of extortion situations more quickly and conveniently, I had a rethink on this and do not play ball any more.
In that particular situation, where I needed to be on the flight, I had no choice so I made my protest by ensuring that the cash did not simply go into the back pocket of the corrupt official.

You should have seen the look on his face!!
And it got laugh from the other immigration guys.

If they had not changed the system on tourist cards then it would not have been an issue.
Why do they now sell you one then collect it 30 yards further down the line?
What is that all about?

Go England.....

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
If you really want to freak them out then wave the cash in the air first, asking loudly for a receipt.

I had to do this when I was shanghai'd by immigration as I had a new passport delivered to the D.R. with no entry stamp so they 'assumed' that I had been here over the 30 day threshold.

After Vacara's post on me being part of the corruption problem because I had previously paid the money to corrupt police to get out of extortion situations more quickly and conveniently, I had a rethink on this and do not play ball any more.
In that particular situation, where I needed to be on the flight, I had no choice so I made my protest by ensuring that the cash did not simply go into the back pocket of the corrupt official.

You should have seen the look on his face!!
And it got laugh from the other immigration guys.

If they had not changed the system on tourist cards then it would not have been an issue.
Why do they now sell you one then collect it 30 yards further down the line?
What is that all about?

Go England.....

Pedro,
they collect the Visa Card and
""in Theory""
they type the Data into their Immigrations 'Puter
and in 'theory' when you leave they 'should have' your Details there, by a search with your name or passport number or ...

in theory, lol.

Mike

GO Germany GOOOOO!!!!!!

and to be fair:
Go England Go (Home), lolol

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
So I am thinking that the tourist cards are all individually numbered?
If they are I shall make a note so that I cannot get ripped off again.

Still seems a bit bloody stupid to me!

Go England!!!!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Boarding Pass is a good Idea.

for the long term overstayers I would say the easiest way is simply not to overstay, extend your Visa acording to Immigrations Law and no Visa Violation Fees will apply anywhere.
cheers
Mike

genistar

Jul 29, 2009
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
They've messed up their math before and UNDERCHARGED me... LOL. I've never had a problem with immigration in the DR, always got a receipt without having to ask for one (both in POP and PUJ).