New pizza place near Pueblo Bavaro...

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Anyone try it out yet? Looks interesting... I never would have dreamed someone would open a wood-fired brick oven pizza place. Then again, things have changed quite a bit in the year I've been here.

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
I don't even think it has a name yet. They've just opened and don't even have a sign yet. It's an open air place that has an area for the wood-fire oven and a separate bar area. It's all done in stone and is landscaped rather nicely.

It's located on the south side of the road immediately east of the entrance to Pueblo Bavaro... next to the new auto repair place.

Angelfobia

May 5, 2010
not impressed!!!

I had dinner there on Friday night. It was not bad, but I was not impressed about it.

1-Waitress was friendly, but had no clue what she was doing.
2- Surounding is nice, but walking on these floors is an accident waiting to happend. (uneven stones sticking out)
3- The prices were somewhat reseasonable. Paid 420 pesos for a Medium Ham, Cheese & Pepperoni Pizza.
4- The Pizza itself was OK, nothing special... almost a little tasteless.
5- A HUGH rat ran across right in front of us. I understand that the restaurant is completly open to the Garden and surounding therefore I was not too surprised, but I still didn't enjoy it's appearance.
6- The restaurant had a nice little playground for kids, which i think is a great idea... However, the little paths outside the playground are really dangerous for children (back to point 2).
7- The seating area itself is a little boring and has no personality whatsoever, (except for the 2 tables in the Garden gazeebo).

I do believe this place has some nice potencial, but right now it is really not anywhere close to it. Maybe they're just having a rocky start... I might give it a try again in a couple of month and see if they've made any improvements.

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
I've eaten there twice now. I'd have to agree with Angelfobia that the floor is an accident waiting to happen. Overall I'd say the pizza is good. The wood-fired oven adds nice flavor but it is a little bland. Maybe they could spice up the sauce they use. They are also a little skimpy on the toppings. I still like it better than Pizzarelli. Can't wait for Pizza Hut to open up... love their Pan Pizza.

Second time I just ordered a pizza to go. That's probably what I'll do in the future.