Slow July in Cabarete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Well July and August are the doldrums of the low season, and we're in the midst of a global recession/depression. Employment is down, ticket prices are up, and nobody north of the equator really feels the need to escape the cold right now.

It'll improve a bit once the snow starts sticking.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Well July and August are the doldrums of the low season...

Historically, no.
Hotel rates for July/August are high season rates (like Feb/March).
Only Christmas/New Year/Semana Santa have higher rates.

Your other comments have some merit, I think.

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
I visited in early July and have nothing to compare, but I was talking with a few Dominican busines people in Cabarete and they said it was very slow. It was nice to stop by at the Coffee shop and get a table to sit...no problem... I'll visit again in a few weeks and this time I'll have to remember to wear my bow shoes so the kids can earn a small bit of change and freshen them up. Hope I get lucky and the rain lets up... It was beautiful the whole time I was there except for that massive lighting storm and downpour one afternoon... But that passed in a few hours and all was good after that... If you see a goofy 48 year old, grey haired, slighly over weight, guy smiling and saying hello to stern serious looking Europeans and etc. it will be me...American guy, of course... :)

2thebeach

May 7, 2010
Flight prices from Canada are really high right now. We are coming there next week and got cheap flights months ago...trying to find a flight for my nephew now and prices are 3 times more than they were when I booked. I guess the airlines aren't terribly interested in filling those seats. Odd since it's off season.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Flight prices from Canada are really high right now. We are coming there next week and got cheap flights months ago...trying to find a flight for my nephew now and prices are 3 times more than they were when I booked. I guess the airlines aren't terribly interested in filling those seats. Odd since it's off season.

Send him FedEx. You can pick him up 10am the next morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.