What happened to Colin Robinson

Status
Not open for further replies.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Poster on DR1 had just moved to Cabarete. Made a few humorous posts. Last post was in June searching for morphine for his wife. Since then, nada. New screen name or simply gone from DR1 or from DR?

Mar 2, 2008
Colin and I became good friends while he and his wife were here, but they never moved here. They were only visiting, although their were considering making a move.

We watched several World Cup games together, and we had a great time out on the town, and at Whirlybird's and Charlie's place in the campo. Unfortunately, they went back to England without making a firm decision about a move here. I am keeping my fingers crossed, but I am not sure if or when they will return.

He and his wife are good people, and I will miss our exchange of ideas and barbs.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Ok. One of his threads was titled "Emmigrating to the dominican republic". Didn't realize it was a work of fiction.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Colin & Tina were here to look at property and investigate all aspects of moving to a new country with the intention of moving here to live in January of next year.
I second Catcher's comments, very nice people!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
A thorough search of Colin's questions and comments would imply that, unlike many others who do choose to immigrate to the DR without doing their due diligence and researching totally what life will be like in this 'paradise' with all its advantages and disadvantages, he came with his 'other half' and spent some time living as a resident.

They, as a couple, did not stay in an AI as tourists who never really get to see the real DR nor did they just 'pop out' to view possible properties to purchase but they made it their task to make friends with locals, both ex-pat and Dominican and truly research whether the DR is the place for them to live when they 'up sticks' and choose somewhere to settle for their retirement.

Despite the title of the thread previously mentioned, I don't think the idea of 'fiction' comes into Colin's thinking - everything he does and says is very much for 'real' in our experience with him and his charming wife.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2008
I completely agree with Whirleybird. I certainly wouldn't call taking a look at a potential place to live a work of fiction, by any stretch.

I might call their search a work in progress, but hardly a work of fiction. In addition, I do not understand the reason for using such a characterization. I do not recall Colin or Tina making any announcement that they were planning any immediate move here, nor do I recall them making any other promises of any kind to anyone.

I hope that Colin and Tina do decide to move here, but it is no one's business but theirs and theirs alone,. Referring to their visit as a work of fiction is more than just a little over the top, in my opinion.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Reading his posts, I also thought he was settling down in the DR (Not contemplating the move)
Too bad, cause he was very entertaining.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Poster on DR1 had just moved to Cabarete. Made a few humorous posts. Last post was in June searching for morphine for his wife. Since then, nada. New screen name or simply gone from DR1 or from DR?

Who cares, it's the freaking internet, maybe he got kidnapped to Boca Chica and is eating pulpo on his front porch reading this valuable thread.

What ever happened to Jrzyguy and his seafood salad stories or Laurapasani and his Moca Mami?

People moooooove on.

principe

Nov 19, 2002
Who cares, it's the freaking internet, maybe he got kidnapped to Boca Chica and is eating pulpo on his front porch reading this valuable thread.

Bro, this is going down as a classic in my book.

Reactions: Tamborista

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

What ever happened to Jrzyguy and his seafood salad stories or Laurapasani and his Moca Mami?

People moooooove on.

Are we sure he hasn't been censored? Could be in the penalty box for posting fallacious intentions :ermm:

WW

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Interestingly enough, it shows 'banned' under his name.

The fiction I referred to was the title 'emigrating', I guess were in early stages of investigating a move. I enjoyed his posts and was wondering why the abrupt stop to posting.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Oops..... sorry, I was just kidding w/ Tambo

Banned....... from the message board or the country.... does it say?

Whew! Life's tough enough..... then you get banned
Never fear... he's becoming a legend in his own time!!

WW

Status
Not open for further replies.