Gym in Santo Domingo

hanswulff82

Jan 4, 2010
Hi.
I am comming to SD at the end of august, and will stay there for three months.
I will be living in the zonal colonial, and would like to fin a gym nearby. I would appreciate any recomandations. That said, the gym must have a good free-weight department, I cannot stand those gyms that only have machines.
I personally prefere the more "hardcore" type gyms.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
There were five Gold's gyms in Santo Domingo a few years back. I can't imagine you wouldn't be able to find one.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
There were five Gold's gyms in Santo Domingo a few years back. I can't imagine you wouldn't be able to find one.

there are not 5 Gold?s gyms in Santo Domingo. there are 4 in the country (2 in Santo Domingo). one in Evaristo Morales and other in Coral Mall, Santo Domingo Este.
the other 2 are in San Francisco de Macoris y Sosua. they are going to open another one in SPM in August. across street from Jumbo.
both Gold?s gym in SD are not close to Zona Colonial.
your best choise is Nueva Creacion in Arzobispo Nouel.

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
There was a "power palace" a couple blocks south of Conde and west of Hostos if I remember correctly, west of the dry cleaners on the same street. Two floors of "old school" weight and machines...great place to work out.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
there are not 5 Gold?s gyms in Santo Domingo. there are 4 in the country (2 in Santo Domingo). one in Evaristo Morales and other in Coral Mall, Santo Domingo Este.
the other 2 are in San Francisco de Macoris y Sosua. they are going to open another one in SPM in August. across street from Jumbo.

There is a fifth one, in Santiago (Plaza Internacional), not that it would be close to our OP.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
there are not 5 Gold?s gyms in Santo Domingo. there are 4 in the country (2 in Santo Domingo). one in Evaristo Morales and other in Coral Mall, Santo Domingo Este. the other 2 are in San Francisco de Macoris y Sosua. they are going to open another one in SPM in August. across street from Jumbo. both Gold?s gym in SD are not close to Zona Colonial. your best choise is Nueva Creacion in Arzobispo Nouel.

Pardon me. I stand corrected.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004

Nueva Creacion has moved to Av. Mella old Dominican Plaza building across from the Mercado. 5th floor

E

engineerfg

How close/far will you be from the malecon or independencia?

The gym inside Rennaisance Hotel Jaragua is pretty 'hard core'. Lots of free weights, low number of people, friendly staff etc.

hanswulff82

Jan 4, 2010
How close/far will you be from the malecon or independencia?

The gym inside Rennaisance Hotel Jaragua is pretty 'hard core'. Lots of free weights, low number of people, friendly staff etc.

I do not know exactly how far, because I have not gotten my adresse yet. I only know that I will stay somwhere in the Colonial Zone, close to the Hispaniola Language school, at which I will be attending a Spanish course.

But I will hopefully get my exact adresse pretty soon.