Just discovered Juanillo Beach in Cap Cana

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Seems to be a well kept secret. Discovered it last weekend. I just told the security guys at the entrance to Cap Cana that I wanted to go to Juanillo beach and they said no problem. I gave them my ID in exchange for a tag to hang on my rear-view mirror.

I can't help but wonder who is paying for the upkeep. For a public beach in the DR it's in great condition. There are covered areas with lounge chairs and public restroom facilities (that are very clean).

Edit: And the best part is that unlike El Macao, there are no gun-toting military types rifling through my cooler for beer and snacks. There is a security guard and he was very professional and didn't bother us one bit.

My new favorite beach:
screenshot20100803at121.png

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
Juanillo beach is the best beach on the East coast of DR.
This is not public beach.
When entering to Cap Cana you should have a reservation in one of the restaurants.
Usually the guard should not let you in, even leaving the ID.

All beaches in Dominican Republic are public. what is private is the entrance to Cap Cana

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
All beaches in Dominican Republic are public. what is private is the entrance to Cap Cana

Hahaha...By law of course, but this is Cap Cana's beach and I bet they won't let you in unless you look like a foreigner or a rich Dominican. The owners of the east coast (Rainieries) made sure there was language included in the new constitution to allow private property owners to not allow access to "their beaches".

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the Rainieries are not the owners of Cap cana, they own the Punta Cana side, and their Beach at Tortuga Bay is the only Private Beach on the East Coast.

Juanillo Beach is a Public Beach,
to enter the Gates at Cap cana you just let the Guards know that you wanna go to the Beach Club or to the Marina restaurants etc etc, you leave your Cedula at the Gate and get a sticker for your car.
never had any problem to enter Cap Cana as a Visitor.
Mike

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
the Rainieries are not the owners of Cap cana, they own the Punta Cana side, and their Beach at Tortuga Bay is the only Private Beach on the East Coast.

Juanillo Beach is a Public Beach,
to enter the Gates at Cap cana you just let the Guards know that you wanna go to the Beach Club or to the Marina restaurants etc etc, you leave your Cedula at the Gate and get a sticker for your car.
never had any problem to enter Cap Cana as a Visitor.
Mike

I never said they owned Cap Cana...I said they own pretty much the whole east coast...and they deserve it too as they were the ones to make it what it is today.

You never had a problem, but I bet you don't look like a typical Dominican either.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I never said they owned Cap Cana...I said they own pretty much the whole east coast...and they deserve it too as they were the ones to make it what it is today.

You never had a problem, but I bet you don't look like a typical Dominican either.

right,
rereading your post I understand that you meant the big and wealthy at all, not the Rainieries as Cap Cana Owners in specific, sorry for the misinterpretation, but anyways no big Deal.

correct, I am myself German and do in no way look typical Dominican, but I never visit Juanillo Beach alone and I do not associate with more than a handful Expats here on the east, when we are there I am acompanied by my Dominican Wife(a typical Morena looking) and Dominican Friends, no new Jeepetas involved, my own 12 years old Honda Accord is the newest Car Model in the Fleet within our Friend's Circle.
but I know what you mean,
they are selective at the Gate,
a Pick Up Truck with the whole Family and Beach Beer Coolers and a Ghetto Blaster for the Beach Music would not drive in.

Mike

LuisR?

Dec 22, 2010
Hello those of you familiar with Juanillo Beach...

I am a dominican college student, and have never been to Juanillo Beach. From reading your descriptions, it sounds like a great place.

The thing is, there is a concert on Juanillo Beach next Wednesday (Dec.29th), and I do not know where I could stay. Is there a kind of cheap overnight place near CapCana? How expensive is it to travel in a taxi cab from CapCana to Punta Cana or the nearest motel/small hotel?

Hope you can help me,
and thanks in advance

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
if you stay at one of the Motels/Caba?as in Veron You would be closest to Cap Cana, around $30.- one way cabby Fare plus the extras for their Nighshifts.
from the Hotels in Bavaro the cabbies take on daytime 40-5- bucks one way, nighttime such as for a Beach Concert sure will add some extra on Top.

Happy Holidays

Mike

Reactions: Bronxboy

pweidlich

Dec 13, 2010
I know its not fair but I'm glad they won't allow the camioneta full of beers and Ghetto blaster.