Looking for work!!

cathy_70

Jul 7, 2010
Good day ...

I am looking fvor work anywhere in DOM best would be puerto plata anywhere would do I have 20ys ecperiance in travel industry ...If anyone knows of hotels that are hiring or other .. please let me know .. I can do admistration and pretty much anything ...ops I am an esthetician to

let me know

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I would strongly advise you to use some type of spell check before typing up your resume.

Good luck in your quest.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Good day ...

I am looking fvor work anywhere in DOM best would be puerto plata anywhere would do I have 20ys ecperiance in travel industry ...If anyone knows of hotels that are hiring or other .. please let me know .. I can do admistration and pretty much anything ...ops I am an esthetician to

let me know

Start with looking up salons in paginas amarillas, and personally approach the top ones that have nice websites. You say you are an esthetician-most salons have untrained staff, so if you have something more specialized or higher skill set it may be a bargaining chip at the nicer salons.
Not sure, but dont expect a great wage, but its a start.

XXX

Banned
Nov 14, 2007
Place you can go to

Try going to Hacienda (lifestyle Holidays Vacation club) I'm sure they'll hire you with the experience you have. Ask for Jackie in the customer service department...she's the big boss!

And careful how you respond to this people here...they are sensitive, lol.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Do you know Spanish?
It seems that you want to work in a field that is quite full of young people with languages and training. To displace one of them will take some doing.

Being a male, I am not really sure what an esthetician is. But if it has to do with women, there is a lot of that here. Salons are a weekly pilgramage for most women.

Please do not get offended but your chances of finding a living wage are pretty slim. Hope you have a back up plan..

Cordially,

HB

Reactions: Bronxboy

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Perhaps, Lucille, it certainly helps. However that is not at issue.

What is important is knowledge of local demographics, education and work places.
Travel, tourism, hospitality is chock full of young people with training and languages. So what special skill-set can this person bring to bear>? To displace a Dominican candidate, I would imagine something so incredible that it would boggle the HR person's mind.

As far as esthetician, if it has to do with women's beauty, again, the labor market is filled with low paid local persons who know how to deal with "bad" hair, and what Dominican women want to do with it.

Of course, it is possible in a major city like Santo Domingo this person could hook up with one of the modeling schools or television stations??? Again, not Dominican, no Spanish???

See what I mean?

HB