Vacation rentals next to the beach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
When we go to Puerto Plata, we usually stay at an all-inclusive resort.

But this time, we wanted to stay at a vacation rental. It would be somewhere next to the beach. Maybe an apartment or a small villa with a view... We'd be buying all the food and doing all the cooking, cleaning, etc...

I've found several 'vacation rentals' which are basically all-inclusive resorts without the 'all-inclusive'. We don't want to stay at a hotel room, and we don't want to share with other people. It would also be great if we had our own private swimming pool.

What places would you suggest?

canuk8068

Sep 15, 2008
Check out VRBO.com (vacation rental by owner). I have booked condos off there for the last three years and they were always as advertised. We have stayed in Sosua, Punta Cana and Florida.

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
What are you talking about? Are you accusing me of spamming?

No, I believe he was warning the person who posted the first response to your question. Take a look at Cabarete for your vacation rental perhaps - it's a good town for going off-A.I. 25 minute transfer from Puerto Plata.

There are more apartments than villas to rent but you might find some in L'Agence or Cabarete Real Estate. Olas de Oro have some nice, private, close to the beach, small villas and also Bahia de Arena.

For apartments; Casa's De Claire: Oceanfront Rentals in Cabarete, Dominican Republic (no relation to me!) not a great website, but her apartments are superb.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.