lastest update blvd. de este & autopista del coral?

Nov 17, 2007
Any updates from anyone that drove from PC to La Romana lately?

6 months ago the link between Bavaro and Punta Cana (Village) was not finished but open, but no work on bypass PC-Higuey-La Romana was started yet.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Works for the boulevard started first in the late 90's, nothing was done during the PRD administration between 2000 - 2004. Works started again about half a year before the congressional elections in 2006 and stopped shortly after that. Than construction started again just before presidential elections in 2008 and stopped just after the election was over, than again in 2010...congressional election... get the drift?
What really worries me, is that after 2012 we will have to wait 4 years...

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
They are working on the stretch around La Romana / Bayahibe. Everyday I see the motorway trucks moving dirt/caliche from one place to another. The bridge over the Chavon has yet to appear. They're still preparing the areas on either side of the river. There is a crane sitting on the river bank under the new bridge location, but it's been there a few months now...

Between Bayahibe and Higuey - progress is hard to gauge as the motorway route goes off road into the cane fields.

Feb 7, 2007
A field trip maybe?

When I have nothing better to do on one of the weekends-to-come, I might grab a camera, my press credentials and get myself to Venerito and start from there ... it won't be this weekend though, I am waiting for the strut mount to arrive...

Nov 17, 2007
thanks guys for your info.
will be great to see some pics Rubio.
Not having to go through Higuey in the future will save lifes for sure.
edwin

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
thanks guys for your info.
will be great to see some pics Rubio.
Not having to go through Higuey in the future will save lifes for sure.
edwin
it will save a lot of Time at least.
Higuey is here on the east from good ole Times known as Safacon City, go figure, ha ha.
I drove last week Tuesday the route from Bayaguana on the Mella over La Romana/Higuey to Cabeza de Toro, aside of some new big Signs about 'Coral' I could not recognize much progress.
like our glorious Boulevard del Este,
yes, it is at least comfo that the first lil portion is in use, even not finished, but due the heavy Truck Traffic there every day and night despite all those signs "No Trucks on Boulevard" the portions which been firstly opened are more or less ready for the first reparations.
if they go on with the actual construction speed of the last years they will never finish, because reparations will be necessary on the first portions before the whole thingy could be close to be finished, lol.
I hope Coral will finally be at least a lil bit better done quality wise than the Boulevard here, the ups and downs and bankings left and right are really a Ingeneer's Masterpiece that looks for a competitor worldwide, in shorter words the quality is a piece of crap every engeneer student could have planned and realized better.
the whole construction does not include any drainage for heavy rain waters to leave the Highway neither, at many spots the water simply stays exactly in the middle of the 2 lanes, many ft wide of course, so it doesn't matter if you use the left or the right lane, you will guaranteed hit Deep waters after a 30 minutes shower.
happy and save highway travels
Mike

Nov 17, 2007
Mike,do me a favour,

You go over the bridge over the Chavon back and forth a few times with a big yipeta and towing a big boat first when they finish and tell us about it later......
(just kidding!)

pd:what is this "lol" everyone always puts in their messages?