What kind of a delay adding his daughter - Re: Immigration Canada

Gr?goria

Feb 1, 2009
My husband application for PR in Canada, has been in process for almost 14 months now. Her daughter is in the application. The medical, the passport... But, 14 months ago we have decided that she would come later.
Now we are thinking that she should come with him. I call immigration about that, and they told me that if there has been no decision made yet, that we can add her now with no problem
My question is, what kind of a delay that adding her now will do. They couldn't tell me.
Maybe somebody here know
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
In the application checklist (country specific guide) it mentions the following:

"If you are being sponsored by your parent, you must provide proof of the relationship such as birth certificates, baptismal certificates or other official document naming your parents."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3909e.pdf

I think there would be significant delays if these types of documents have not already been provided.

In some cases, DNA tests are also requested (anticipate 3-4 month delay just for results).

Also consider you would need to pay the RPRF for the child and submit proof of payment receipt to the CPC-Mississauga as well as forward a copy to Santo Domingo.

I believe they would also need a notarized letter from the child's mother providing permission for the child to leave the country and become a PR of Canada.

Delays would include receiving letter request from Santo Domingo for whatever they are requiring, time to gather & send these documents plus additional processing time to review everything.

If you were only a few months into the process I would say you wouldn't notice any delays but 14 months in you are very close to the end. It may be better to submit a separate application once your husband has his visa if you don't want to wait too much longer.

Sangria

Gr?goria

Feb 1, 2009
Thanks Sangria,

Immigration have all her documents, birth certificate, passport, medical. My husband has now the document from the judge, who is saying that she can live the country with her father.
So we don't now what doooooo !!!
I talk to my PD yesterday. Now we are waiting to hear what he is gonna say....

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Please let us know what the outcome is for anyone else who might be in the same situation at some point.

Thanks,
sangria

Gr?goria

Feb 1, 2009
Last minute change,

I sent in Canada:

- Document 1344A saying that his daughter would come at the same time as his father
- The receipt of the treatment for a dependent child
- A letter explaining these changes
- And on the envelope and the documents, write ADDITION roughly

My husband brings to SD:

-The document 1344A saying that the child would come at the same time as his father
-The receipt of the expenses of treatment for a dependent child
-A letter which explains these changes
-A photocopy of the passport of the child
-The original document emitted by the judge, which allows her to come to Canada with his father

But it is necessary to know that the child was already in the demand with his father. They have its passport, medical sound and its birth certificate

Now we are hoping that it will not take several months for them to make this change. My MP talk a couple of time with CIC about that and apparently it should be fast

SBT

Jan 5, 2010
Gregoria - your in Quebec, no?

What about the CSQ? I dont think she can land without the CSQ...when my step girls and husband landed, we had to go to both Immigration Canada and Quebec and had to present the CSQ's at Immigration Quebec?!

Gr?goria

Feb 1, 2009
Hi STB and thank you,

You are right. I did not think about that. I have the CSQ for my husband but not for my step girl !! I just talk with Immigration Qu?bec to be certain. Now, the only thing I can do, is wait for CIC to receive everything that I send yesterday, and let things go in process. She says that because it is an addition, that should be faster.

I certainly hope so.
I forgot that here in qu?bec we have to do everything twice!!!
and thank again
Gr?goria

Gr?goria

Feb 1, 2009
Entonce....
September 22 I send to Mississauga the document 1344A......
October 12 I reveived a positive answer. It was a lot faster
October 13 I send to Montreal the request for CSQ