Needing another family day out

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Not really a young family city is it. A 'pirate Island' or 'waterworld aqua park' would make a killing here. I've been considering a move for the sakes of the family for a while now, considering Santiago, but not even sure they have much more there?

Agua Splash Caribe

Small water park on the other side of the river although I don't think you will enjoy it.

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
La Toma

La Toma in San Cristobal is a good diversion for a day. It is under an hour outside the capital. It is a series of river fed cement pools with water slides. They also have a small pool for the smaller kids. The price (50 pesos p/p?) is a lot less than you would spend in an Aqua Splash type place. They serve food and drinks and the place seems well run and kind of low key on weekdays. I think they limit what food and or drink you can bring in from the outside. There is also a small playground with swings. The place seems to be popular with kids 10-16 more or less. I have spent a few days there with kids and they all seemed to enjoy it.

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
Not really a young family city is it. A 'pirate Island' or 'waterworld aqua park' would make a killing here. I've been considering a move for the sakes of the family for a while now, considering Santiago, but not even sure they have much more there?

How about "Tres Ojos"?

el forastero

Bronze
Oct 25, 2009
From reading your posts, I think you have a kiddie Anastacio. I'm somewhat surprised that no one suggested going to the National Aquarium on Ave Espa?a on a Sunday afternoon, and taking along a picnic lunch. The aquarium is not bad, and kids love it. After seeing the fishies, you can take the family out on the lawn overlooking the ocean and spread a blanket out and enjoy a picnic. (and there are plenty of shady spots). Admission is something like 20 pesos.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Yeh, that's a good shout. I was trying to find something none animal like after our trip to the zoo last week, but having thought about it I may beable ti I.d. my shark there.
Cheers all!

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Please tell me you cross dress, it would be devastating to find out you are a woman after all this time, I mean that in the nicest sense by the way.