another day with no power

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
4th day this week,no power from 830am to around 6 or 7 at night
stores on el conde are dying...no coffee,no air in clothing stores,la dispensa super mercado is a mess
all my icecream is liquid,4 batteries are being pushed to limit
what a country
so much for goverment bulls///t on getting power under control

need to cut some of these fat cats saleries and perks and get some power plants and wiring...get police to start collecting elec fees from crooks who steal the power

they can kick patients out of Morgan hospital who do not pay with iv tube still inserted....why not put elec crooks in jail or beat them on the street with rubber hose...for all to see...

i feel better now....
bob

Reactions: waytogo

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Agreed, this is worse than last year and now seem to spend more time without than with. It is getting more and more difficult to live with purely because I don't feel it needs to be like this. Plaza central yesterday, all the salons working in the dark, the cinema was either closed or just gave up and closed down, shops losing customers as you say
, all major frustrations.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Agreed, this is worse than last year and now seem to spend more time without than with. It is getting more and more difficult to live with purely because I don't feel it needs to be like this. Plaza central yesterday, all the salons working in the dark, the cinema was either closed or just gave up and closed down, shops losing customers as you say
, all major frustrations.

And I wonder why rifles are outlawed here.....

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Monday a guy was hooking himself up to the mains in our street, I saw him but said nothing. Later that night the streets lights went off, he had caused a fire. The guys were out quickly to fix us up, I told them I had seen him and exactly when, they just shook their heads, fixed it, put fire out and left. No one is interested, even the guys who have to come out at 10pm to fix these idiots hazards. What can you do if no one will listen.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
4th day this week,no power from 830am to around 6 or 7 at night
stores on el conde are dying...no coffee,no air in clothing stores,la dispensa super mercado is a mess
all my icecream is liquid,4 batteries are being pushed to limit
what a country
so much for goverment bulls///t on getting power under control

need to cut some of these fat cats saleries and perks and get some power plants and wiring...get police to start collecting elec fees from crooks who steal the power

they can kick patients out of Morgan hospital who do not pay with iv tube still inserted....why not put elec crooks in jail or beat them on the street with rubber hose...for all to see...

i feel better now....
bob

well it is sunday am,power went off about 730am...aND my icecream just hardened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bob

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
I remember we had a power cut in 1984 back in the UK - it lasted for a couple of hours - something to do with Arthur Scargill as I remember.

We bought candles and played monopoly - it was fun.

These days it is absolutely no fun at all - nothing works without electricity.
Everything I need is "plugged in".

Even the bloody water is "plugged in".

Even the candles do not seem powerful enough to read a book - and these days even books are "plugged in".

Can somebody hurry up and invent the wind-up E-reader please???

Mind you, the missus isn't plugged in ;)

The downside of that is I cannot unplug her either - ho hum....

Reactions: Celt202