HOTEL ACAYA Vs PLAYA COLIBRI

CarinaR

Feb 2, 2009
Hola Amigos!

My boyfriend and I will be in LT in a few weeks, Hotel Acaya & Playa Colibri both have great websites and beautifull pictures, we can not decide which one to stay. We want a small hotel with decent rooms (if posibble with kitchenette) and close to the most beautifull beaches in LT and nightlife (but not to noisy so we can sleep back to the room) we have our own ride. Any feedback about LT will be extremely apreciate, it's our first time to Las Terrenas.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
I've visted LT often over the years and absolutely love it. The beaches there and in the area are absolutely beautiful. I've stayed at the Colibri but not the Acaya and enjoyed the Colibri very much. Each apartment has a kitchenette and they have a pool. The grounds are emaculately kept. They no longer have a restaurant on site which is unfortunate, but you can find plenty of good food in LT. A similar location with a very good restaurant on site is the Alisei. It is very nice and also highly recommended. You are going to love LT!

Papa Benito

Dec 5, 2006
We really enjoyed Acaya and the restaurant 3 years ago

Hola Amigos!

My boyfriend and I will be in LT in a few weeks, Hotel Acaya & Playa Colibri both have great websites and beautifull pictures, we can not decide which one to stay. We want a small hotel with decent rooms (if posibble with kitchenette) and close to the most beautifull beaches in LT and nightlife (but not to noisy so we can sleep back to the room) we have our own ride. Any feedback about LT will be extremely apreciate, it's our first time to Las Terrenas.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
But, I think there may be no TV or kitchen?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Las Terrenas Hotels

Hi:

You can't beat Playa Colibri for its location. It is directly across the street from the best strip of beach in Las Terrenas. Also there is a beach bar located there, which is owned by Playa Colibri and you can get breakfast and lunch on the beach. There is also another beach bar about a 5 minute walk up the beach. The area is busy during the day but at night it is very quiet. One drawback is that there is continuous work being done on the beach road. If you are planning to drive into downtown a number of times a day you may experience a little inconvenience however the scenery more than makes up for it. Colibri also have kichenettes which include pots and pans, etc. You can't go wrong staying at this location.

S

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
But, I think there may be no TV or kitchen?

I'm almost sure the Colibri has TV as well as a furnished kitchenette. I also believe there is WIFI available. The apartments are actually privately owned and are rented to visitors when the owners are not in residence. They are very well managed and maintained. The website gives an accurate picture of what is available.

CarinaR

Feb 2, 2009
Thanks guys very important info for us!

So from Playa Colibri to nightlife in Las Terrenas is like 10 minutes in a car? More o less...

Thanks!

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
my vote would be the colibri. close but yet quiet and convenient to the fresh seafood. :) the beach is very nice as well. happy travels, ben btw this site has a preview of all the beaches in samana peninsula (it is a realtor site but since i am not affiliated and use it only for a description of the beaches i hope it is ok, if not mods can delete and appologies)
http://www.lasterrenasrental.com/best_beaches_dominican_republic/

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
From Playa Colibri to the closets bars and disco is about a 5 minute ride up to beach road to Pueblo de los Pescaduros. If you go to the bars downtown it's another 5 minutes from there.

S