bedbug exterminater on north coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

champ

Dec 2, 2006
we were told we have bedbugs in one of our bedrooms,who is the best professional exterminater in the puerto plata area that can take care of a bedbug problem in our villa professionally asap,thanks for your help

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Did you have someone from New York there>????This is a relatively new phenomenon and spreading fast. Baygon and DDT powder (still available in some Vetinary/farm supplier.)

HB

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
how was the problem diagnosed - u casa 829 917 7004 isabelle if the place is still there.....I used it last year for floor spraying,its in the plaza next to the new hospital in Sos?a

champ

Dec 2, 2006
yes hb thats what i thought also, we have had renters from new york recently

Aug 21, 2007
how was the problem diagnosed - u casa 829 917 7004 isabelle if the place is still there.....I used it last year for floor spraying,its in the plaza next to the new hospital in Sos?a

Isabel is still there. She is the expert. Call her.

Lindsey

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
And for God's sake, let us know what happens...This could be terrible for tourism...

HB

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I saw a program on bedbugs a while back... seem very difficult to erradicate. They get in walls through electrical sockets... them little beasties hide everywhere & come out at night :ermm:

Bedbug Habits
Bed bugs hide in cracks and crevices during daylight hours.

They hide in the folds and tufts of mattresses, coils of springs, cracks and hollow posts of bed stands bed rails and headboards. They may be found in box springs, inside the cabinetry of furniture and the bottom and sides of drawers.

They also can be found behind loose wallpaper, behind pictures on the walls, under door and window casings, and behind baseboards.

They also hide in upholstery of chairs and sofas.

They are not restricted to these places, however.

Here's a 'do it yourself' guide
Get Rid Of Bed Bugs-How To Kill/Eliminate Bed Bugs

tn_adultbedbugfemale.jpg

Last edited:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
This morning on the Today show they had a segment on bed bugs and the terrible infestations all over. They reported that the state with the most bed bug problems is Ohio, followed by California and New York [city], then the states surrounding Ohio. Biggest problem seemed to be in the midwest, where one exterminator says he's getting 10 calls a day! The best way to kill them? He sealed the rooms completely, air vents taped over, etc., and heated the rooms up to 128 degreesF - kills them all.

They also mentioned that airplanes are now being treated, which I thought was interesting!

AE

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I have never had a bed bug problem but even so, I purchased a commercial steamer on ebay (300. US) and it puts out an extremely hot steam vapor. I steam my mattresses every 3 months or so and this steam will kill everything. I originally purchased for my clothes but found it had many different uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.