corrupt dominicans in new york....noooooooooooooooo

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
yes, alianza dominicana is the top organization for helping dominicans in NYC. Moises Perez runs it and has had so much influence leading the dominican community (and votes) in NYC that new mayors can't get elected unless they have his support.

to see this happen is a terrible blow for the dominican community in NYC.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
yes, alianza dominicana is the top organization for helping dominicans in NYC. Moises Perez runs it and has had so much influence leading the dominican community (and votes) in NYC that new mayors can't get elected unless they have his support.

After reading the first few lines, am not why its a terrible blow. Sounds to me like it was long over due. Maybe hard on the Dominicans, but good for everyone else.

The state denied $111,350 in "personal service costs" and "fringe benefits" that Alianza had on its books.

The nonprofit also claimed to have spent nearly $3,000 to bring local kids to the movies, but when state investigators pressed for names of children in that program, there were none, state documents show.

In total, Alianza was ordered to repay the state $192,304 for improperly claimed welfare funds,
according to the state. The organization is making regular payments, said a spokesperson for the Office of Children and Family Services.

Alianza's city funding -- $60 million in recent years -- was abruptly cut off this summer after the city Department of Investigation launched a probe.
Alianza Dominicana's executive director, Moises Perez, who did not return a call for comment Friday, has agreed to take an unpaid leave during the city's probe.

No different than what happened to ACORN, which was also wayyyyy late. Sorry don't feel bad. Just goes to show that organizations should quit cooking the books.

Nov 25, 2008
So what's the difference...... when money is "misdirected " in the states you have to account for it, here in the DR you are told to mind your business and your transferred to another dept.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009

Thats not true.

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
about twenty years ago, mas o minus, Ed Koch, then mayor of NY city,wrote a book called "Mayor", in the book he blasted charlie rangel as being no good, i don't have the book in front of me so i can't quote specifics. rangel is also in trouble for not declaring income from the rental of his property in, i think, casa de campo, to the tune of 25k a month. the guy is 80 years old and still has the need to be a thief. reminds me of the guy that has successfully robbed 22 banks and gets caught on bank job #23. i suppose that after the first bank it becomes easier, but i'd have quit after bank #1. i'd also like to see the villa, in the DR, of moises perez, birds of a feather flock together.....

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
i forgot to mention that although he is about to be booted from congress for "ethics" violations, charlie rangel easily beat out five challengers to his seat in last weeks' election primary.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
about twenty years ago, mas o minus, Ed Koch, then mayor of NY city,wrote a book called "Mayor", in the book he blasted charlie rangel as being no good, i don't have the book in front of me so i can't quote specifics. rangel is also in trouble for not declaring income from the rental of his property in, i think, casa de campo, to the tune of 25k a month. the guy is 80 years old and still has the need to be a thief. reminds me of the guy that has successfully robbed 22 banks and gets caught on bank job #23. i suppose that after the first bank it becomes easier, but i'd have quit after bank #1. i'd also like to see the villa, in the DR, of moises perez, birds of a feather flock together.....

The villa is in Punta Cana. Seems New Yorkers never learn, he just won the primary election on Sept. 14th.

AE

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
The villa is in Punta Cana. Seems New Yorkers never learn, he just won the primary election on Sept. 14th.

AE

OR maybe those ethics lapses were not as diabolically heinous as we were told or are supposed to believe they are. WMDs anyone?

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Thats not true.

my source for this info is the guy that ran the NYC olympic bid and is one of NYC's top venture capitalists. who is your source?

and yeah, while its really sad and makes the dominicans in nyc look even worse than they already do, it is good to happen to weed out corruption.. maybe other dominicans in nyc will think twice.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
my source for this info is the guy that ran the NYC olympic bid and is one of NYC's top venture capitalists. who is your source?

and yeah, while its really sad and makes the dominicans in nyc look even worse than they already do, it is good to happen to weed out corruption.. maybe other dominicans in nyc will think twice.

Why do I need a source? It is a blatantly fallacious statement. You cannot get elected mayor of NYC without the Dominican vote? That doesnt even sound like it makes sense. Why would I need the Dominican community to endorse a candidate and what economic AND POLITICAL power would they bring? If they had that much political clout they could advocate, support, endorse and finance their own candidate.

And how pertinent could information from "the guy that ran the NYC olympic bid" be when New York was never, NEVER in the running to be a site for the Olympics? NEVER. You sure he wasnt one of the guys who elaborately hyped up the need for a West Side sport stadium under the guise it would create 50,000 jobs? Hasnt been a construction site in NY that ever created 50,000 jobs at once.

Is all you know about NY, Domincan Yorks and fiscal malfeasance?

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
dominicans are now the largest ethnic group in NYC, more than the italians, irish, puerto ricans, etc. trouble is, they are not all citizens, legal yes, citizens no, no right to vote. on top of that, they don't care. NYC is only a place to make money, home is the DR, they have no care on who runs the show. unless you get into the limo or taxi biz, they own it. the kids of dominicans, who came to this city as dishwahers and servants, who are now college grads, can and will make a difference. the majority of the dominicans in NYC that i know personally, do not vote and do not care, some are college grads with big paychecks. home is still the DR, that's why it costs a lot of money to buy any real estate on this island. until the NY dominicans realize that NYC is "home" and not that slum called "moca", they only want to make money.....
the cubans in miami realized this fact right away because they couldn't "go back". cubans, i love cubans, own miami, they own the restaurants, they own the banks, cubans own miami, a couple of jews are still hanging on to their piece, (no offense my grandmother was jewish) and south beach in the 60's had more rabbis than hippies. juan dolio will never be so. beach, sorry, no jewish grandmothers. the point is that one day soon, it may take a generation, NY dominicans will control NYC not the mafia. let us hope and pray that honesty and pride prevail, not the current slop that i see approved for visas while the good ones are denied entry. i have stood in the line, at immigration at the consul in SD, and watched firsthand........

Reactions: Africaida

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
Shame

This a true shame for the Dominican community in NYC especially with all the national tension in regards to immigration.
It really doesn?t surprise me though, it is sadly part of the "dame, dame" culture. They have, they don?t need, "botella" handouts etc.
On the other hand this may be good for the Dominican community...a chance to make things right & show the public that there are many forms of stealing that in any form are wrong.

My two ?ents

:disappoin

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
i propose a challenge to the DR1 community. find moises perez villa or two in the DR, that was paid for with NY tax dollars...............then we hang drug dealers second....

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5oi-SMzBWYs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5oi-SMzBWYs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>