Business Idea

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
a woman here in Santo Domingo cannot walk around with undone toenails
And I thought that the first person who brings in the pedicure massage chairs to this county is going to become rich

Pedicure Chairs for Salons and Day Spas

Good morning Annie, I'm just a little curious, Your link shows 2 chairs, one at 1995.US and the other at 3995. US. This would be RD 74,000 and 148,000 respectively.
What do they charge here for a pedicure (now you would have to figure how much would the employer pays the employee per person and subtract that from the amount charged) and how long do you think it would take to pay off a chair before a profit was seen.
I'm always looking for an honest way to make a buck....
This isn't my kind of business, but if it turns a profit why not.

Last edited:

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Had a pedicure today --- since a woman here in Santo Domingo cannot walk around with undone toenails

And I thought that the first person who brings in the pedicure massage chairs to this county is going to become rich

Pedicure Chairs for Salons and Day Spas

we have them in almost every mall in the US

well at least in the hip cool places

not in Nebraska,perhaps, noted, bienamor!

Aw shucks darlin weans gottm they in the great unwashed toooo. we not savages, jst uncool. and it be Kansas not nebraska.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
it was a silly passing idea

just because I love those chairs

but the women here already spend too much on their "beauty" regimes - rather than what is inside their heads

just that I so prefer those pedicures -- rather than sitting with my foot perched awkwardly in someone's lap

i reckon that they are made in China-- like everything else

it is the Vietnamese who run the salons in the US

best for them to bring them here, not us gringos

CIMG8109.JPG

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
this is so gross. i would never be able to enjoy the pedicure thinking that the "sink" thingy below has not been cleaned properly and i am now soaking my feet in some else's fungal infection leftovers...

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
this is so gross. i would never be able to enjoy the pedicure thinking that the "sink" thingy below has not been cleaned properly and i am now soaking my feet in some else's fungal infection leftovers...

Haha! dv8, in the states the nail salons scrub them out between customers with hot water and disinfectant soap and a spray nozzle. They have water jets in them that massage your feet, and are beyond wonderful because the chair portion has massage from your thighs to your neck.

I'd say they're cleaner than the little plastic tubs you stick your feet into in DR when you get a pedicure. Of course, the lack of hot water in some salons would make the whole experience less than desirable.

Annie, I've seen little pedicure stools that the salons could buy that are way more comfy than putting your foot on someone's lap - reminds me of the seats that used to be in shoe stores back in the day that the guy sat on. Here are a couple that would make your experience a lot better for a lot less than those $2,000US chairs:

Pedicure Spa Equipment, Pedi-Stool
http://www.midwestsalon.com/E09.jpg
Amazon.com: New Pedicure Station Chair Foot Spa Salong Unit W/ Stool: Beauty

AE

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
They actually have those fancy chairs here in Cabrera. It's very nice while getting a pedicure... and still a great price!!

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Haha!
Annie, I've seen little pedicure stools that the salons could buy that are way more comfy than putting your foot on someone's lap - reminds me of the seats that used to be in shoe stores back in the day that the guy sat on. Here are a couple that would make your experience a lot better for a lot less than those $2,000US chairs:
AE

no, I want the full chair.. with the massage options...

And I want HOT WATER for soaking the feet.

In Fact, I would be really happy having two of those chairs as my living room furniture.....

call it

avant garde!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
alter ego, i am sure they clean the sinks in the USA but here? hmmm... in DR i can at least bring my own plastic bowl but alas, i cannot bring the whole chair :)