deportation

sarita

May 5, 2005
hi, just wondered if anyone has any information about what happens when a dominican is deported back to the dr? are they question/detained? and if yes for how long? from what i can gather no crime was committed apart from being in the uk illegally.
thanks in advance
xxx

Reactions: mike l

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
hi, just wondered if anyone has any information about what happens when a dominican is deported back to the dr? are they question/detained? and if yes for how long? from what i can gather no crime was committed apart from being in the uk illegally.
thanks in advance
xxx

Can he bring me some Yorkshire tea bags and some Atora Suet, please?

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
thanks in advance
xxx
He will go back to the beach to make happy another vacationer....

haha

JJ

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
He hasn't committed a crime in the DR so I do not think he will be detained. He might have a hard time getting a visa back to the UK or anywhere else though.

Best to wait for Mr Guzman to reply unless he reads the first few silly answers and skips it.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I know someone who was deported from the US in the 90s after serving a sentence in Texas [conspiracy drug charge]. The US government sent his file to the Dominican police, but that was the extent of it. When he landed he was free to get on with his life. He cannot return to the US, but is free to go anywhere else.

If the person you know did nothing except stay illegally, he'll certainly have no problem when he goes back to DR [probably never get another visa to UK tho]

AE

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
When you apply for most countries visas there is a question - have you ever over stayed a visa/been deported? or something similar.

And Anna - I am deadly serious - I will pay 2bucks on the dollar for Yorkshire Tea and Atora Suet - no silliness over here!

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Schengen

I know someone who was deported from the US in the 90s after serving a sentence in Texas [conspiracy drug charge]. The US government sent his file to the Dominican police, but that was the extent of it. When he landed he was free to get on with his life. He cannot return to the US, but is free to go anywhere else.

If the person you know did nothing except stay illegally, he'll certainly have no problem when he goes back to DR [probably never get another visa to UK tho]

AE

Is the UK a part of Schengen?

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
my first wife was about to get her Phd. from Harvard, her visa ran out 3 months before graduation. she asked for and was granted a "court date". the people at immigration just can't pass out extensions, they can pass out court appeals, we all went to court, with proper documentation in hand, the judge was every sympathetic, understood completely, extended the visa for another six months or year. BUT, it was stamped into her passport that she had been in immigration court before. she left briefly to see her mom and upon return to the US, the idiots upon arrival in JFk, saw the previous court date and assumed she was bad news. it all worked out after a "few" hours......................

sarita

May 5, 2005
thanks for ur replys but what i need to know is what is the process as in what will happen at the airport etc. thanks xxx

KenoshaChris

Jan 4, 2002
I'm an immigration attorney and have seen my share of deportations, particularly to the RD. By overstaying his visa he commited a crime in the UK but not in the RD. He will get off of the plane wherever he lands, family will be there to greet him, momma will be in the kitchen cooking, Presidentes will be in the frig and Brugal on the kitchen countertop. Its gonna be one nice big family party. Wish I could be there too to fatten up a bit.

He will be barred from returning to UK for at least a few years if not indefinitely. Depending on how sophisticated of a tracking system other countries have, he may not be permitted to enter those countries either. For how long he would not be permitted entry though depends on the laws of those particular countries.

He will be fine and at home.

KenoshaChris k1k3-visa.com

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Don't deportees get processed by the Dominican police before being handed over to their relatives? That's the process as described in news reports about returning deportees.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Yes, he will be processed and presumed delincuente for a couple of hours until they clear him at the PN.

sarita

May 5, 2005
do they have to fly direct or are they able to fly via other countries? these may seem like strange questions but he left apparently wed night uk time and im wondering when i should be expecting him to show his face.He's not been around yet. if he is from pop would they fly him there or does it not matter? Do u think is first port of call will be to spend time with his mum and brothers etc? You might think im strange for wanting to know these things but he's the father of my kids and he hasnt seen them for more than 3 years, they dont remember him or know who he is so id like to be a little bit prepared for when he does show his face. Thanks

donP

Dec 14, 2008

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Christmas pud...

But can't you make dumplings without suet?

Sorry, this is a total hijack.