Another Gringo Falls For a Dominican Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

GinzaGringo

Sep 29, 2010
Believe it or not, when I traveled to the DR to meet the woman I had been emailing and video chatting with for a month, I did not know how common it was for American dudes to become involved with Dominican women. Or, more specifically, I did not know the multitude of pitfalls for such a relationship had been so thoroughly documented on a website such as this.

Of course AFTER my dreamy and romantic trip, I discover DR1.com and I have read some really frightening (to me) posts that have made me nervous. I am not sure if the generally skeptical perspectives expressed on this website are a reflection of the reality of Dominican relationships, or what.

I believe in the wisdom of the crowd, or crowd sourcing, or whatever you want to call it. So? I have some questions for the crowd. Many on this forum seem jaded and cruel, so at the risk of over-exposing myself, I ask in the hopes that there is some wisdom to be gained from this exercise. My questions:

1. What is the reputation of the Ensanche Isabelita area of Santo Domingo? Where I am from, each city and town has a reputation based on its community characteristics?middle class Jewish community, upper class African American enclave, blue collar Portuguese, etc. Can anyone tell me about Ensanche Isabelita?s reputation or character?

2. It seems like the accepted convention is that (younger) Dominican men dating (older) American women will sleep around. Is the inverse an accepted convention? If a (younger) Dominican woman tells you (an older American) she will be true to you, can you (I) believe her?

3. In my culture, chastity is a virtue. And I have been fairly chaste, limiting the number of women I have been intimate with, so that I can count them with the fingers on two hands. Although she is younger than me, she has been intimate with a far larger number than myself. Is this promiscuity common in the DR? In my culture, such behavior attracts an un-unappealing label. She led me to believe that attitudes towards intimacy are different where she is from. She has told me that intimacy is viewed more casually. Is this true?

I have more questions but would like to hear your responses to these before I prattle on any more.

Reactions: mike l

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
They are suddenly coming out of the woodwork and it's not even high season yet.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
This is not natural, but getting very boring, where's the ignore option for the men and women forums ?

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
No need to worry girls are virtually nuns until they get married and the men live the life of monks

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I guess since you 'Retired" from your post they figure the answers may be better now.

But, but, they are new here they say that in every new thread so how would they know who is who and what is what around here? :paranoid::surprised

el forastero

Bronze
Oct 25, 2009
Definition from Wiki: "Chastity is sexual behavior of a man or woman acceptable to the moral norms and guidelines of a culture, civilization, or religion."

Therefore, your new friend is chaste by Dominican moral norms, jjejejeje.

Where did you meet her online? Badoo, Adultfriendfinders, a Dominican wife site, etc? Sounds like she got a nibble, and reeled you in. Quickly. Since your return home, have you gotten any stories about a sick mother, a dead cousin, a medical problem, a lost job, university tuition, etc attached to a Western Union request yet, or just more in the line of how much she misses you and when are you coming baaaack?

I wouldn't walk around that area after dark. And she will probably be true to you as long as you are holding hands, and have money in your pocket. Good luck. (but please don't stop prattling on, it's a boring evening and we need some cheap entertainment, OK? )

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
Believe it or not, when I traveled to the DR to meet the woman I had been emailing and video chatting with for a month, I did not know how common it was for American dudes to become involved with Dominican women. Or, more specifically, I did not know the multitude of pitfalls for such a relationship had been so thoroughly documented on a website such as this.

Of course AFTER my dreamy and romantic trip, I discover DR1.com and I have read some really frightening (to me) posts that have made me nervous. I am not sure if the generally skeptical perspectives expressed on this website are a reflection of the reality of Dominican relationships, or what.

I believe in the wisdom of the crowd, or crowd sourcing, or whatever you want to call it. So… I have some questions for the crowd. Many on this forum seem jaded and cruel, so at the risk of over-exposing myself, I ask in the hopes that there is some wisdom to be gained from this exercise. My questions:

1. What is the reputation of the Ensanche Isabelita area of Santo Domingo? Where I am from, each city and town has a reputation based on its community characteristics—middle class Jewish community, upper class African American enclave, blue collar Portuguese, etc. Can anyone tell me about Ensanche Isabelita’s reputation or character?

2. It seems like the accepted convention is that (younger) Dominican men dating (older) American women will sleep around. Is the inverse an accepted convention? If a (younger) Dominican woman tells you (an older American) she will be true to you, can you (I) believe her?
3. In my culture, chastity is a virtue. And I have been fairly chaste, limiting the number of women I have been intimate with, so that I can count them with the fingers on two hands. Although she is younger than me, she has been intimate with a far larger number than myself. Is this promiscuity common in the DR? In my culture, such behavior attracts an un-unappealing label. She led me to believe that attitudes towards intimacy are different where she is from. She has told me that intimacy is viewed more casually. Is this true?

I have more questions but would like to hear your responses to these before I prattle on any more.

OKAY ... come on .... we love a good story ...

1- How old are you?
2- Where is the "my culture" you talk about?
3- WHY, OH WHY, did you pick the DR in the first place?

heliace

On Vacation!
Mar 27, 2004
There should be a minimum required. If you don,t speak the same language,were not born in the same half century and did not spend a few hours together where your yucca did not twitch...ya can,t post!!!

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I believe in the wisdom of the crowd, or crowd sourcing, or whatever you want to call it. Many on this forum seem jaded and cruel, so at the risk of over-exposing myself,

That's is correct. Mucho wisdom and you should listen to them. They can be cruel at times but it is called tough love. So far they have been on point and can't say I need to delete any thing said.

You should share some info that a few have requested so we can counsel you more precisely.

FYI, we do charge a minimal price.;) (only kidding)

Please keep an open mind. We have only your interest at heart.:cheeky:

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
That's is correct. Mucho wisdom and you should listen to them. They can be cruel at times but it is called tough love. So far they have been on point and can't say I need to delete any thing said.

You should share some info that a few have requested so we can counsel you more precisely.

FYI, we do charge a minimal price.;) (only kidding)

Please keep an open mind. We have only your interest at heart.:cheeky:

So we're not going to get paid:ermm:

rnr39

Sep 29, 2010
Hmmmm, well if you want to discuss it with someone who's . . .

Hmmmm, well the odds are tremendously against you having anything that is meaningful and lasting. Most likely you being hosed. If you want to discuss it with someone who has finally managed a multi-year relationship that probably IS going somewhere I can tell what works and what absolutely doesn't.

There are some really difficult cultural things and some clear cut signs . . . and there are some that can mean good things . . . but the odds are probably one in a thousand that "she's for real."

OTOH, we don't really know since we don't know enough about it.

Do you have any dominican friends in the US? Bilingual? Do you speak any spanish? Are you learning? Willing to? Who has she introduced you to in her life? (i.e. her real life).

Private message me if you want and I'll help you but the odds are tremendously l-o-n-g against you and "yours."

Rnr39

Status
Not open for further replies.