Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Responsibility

The OP apparently 'lost' a US passport.
    Who's responsibility is that?
    I know that happens, but that is a very important document and highly valued worldwide in black markets for various and a sundry of reasons.
    If it takes 4 hours and some hassle to reassure that the US State Department verifies that you deserve a new one, then so be it. It's not a hot cup of coffee one spilled in the drive-through at McDonalds and you want a refill and a gift certificate on the spot.
    It's a US passport, that people literally die for.

If you will check your bags and whatnot really closely, at least 3 times or more, it usually turns up, 9 to 1, favor of the finder.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

tflea, while we all acknowledge the grave duty to safeguard a document as sensitive as a passport, i fail to see the connect between a dereliction of duty and the right of some medieval at the consulate to be rude and boorish to you while you attempt to have this result of your carelessness resolved. if you smoked cigarettes all your life, and ended up in a hospital with some lung ailment, i scarcely believe that your failure to exercise sagacity is a reason for nurses to be rude to you.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Agree

I agree with you.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The U.S. Government passed the tipping point long ago. It is now in charge of nearly 50% of the economy and one way or another, employs more than 50% of the population (think 42 million on foodstamp as salaries, etc.).
    That constitutes monolithic control or tyranny. Arrogance and incompetence follow like twins.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's probable more productive to limit the discussion on this thread to the specific performance of the US consulate in the DR.

The larger global-political issues simply muddy the waters.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pelaut View Post
    The U.S. Government passed the tipping point long ago. It is now in charge of nearly 50% of the economy and one way or another, employs more than 50% of the population (think 42 million on foodstamp as salaries, etc.).
    That constitutes monolithic control or tyranny. Arrogance and incompetence follow like twins.
    Taxes are at the lowest level in history and then you have delusional guys like this one making this kind of statement. Fox News has your head fixed huh..

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Regarding the OP I find it extremely unusual that US Citizens are being mistreated as if they were locals at the US consulate. That's not acceptable.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

old saying, JDJones.....cannot take the heat, get out of the kitchen. these primitives masquerading as service personnel in the US consulate have no business being in that type of work. they complain about the miseries to which they are subjected on a daily basis. well, standing on line for hours is also misery. if the job is so irksome, then consider optional employment. maybe some of those creatures camouflaged as security could leave and pursue their next best option..being an astronaut.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Welcome to the US overseas!!!!!!

And they have made so much money turning down visitor visas they are building a new site for their rudeness and disdain. You have to experience it to believe it. They gotcha - once you leave the US you have few rights and they hold all the cards. Wahtcha gonna do about it??? They know you are virtually helpless and take full advantage. Its a disgusting situation and its not changing anytime soon. Avoid them if at all possible.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought most of the employees at the SD consulate were bilingual. Most did speak english. I spoke both in spanish and in english but i noticed the people who were speaking spanish with me, also spoke good english.
    AZB

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast