Corruption in DR, some details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freedom2009

Oct 15, 2010
Ok, there are way to much corruption in Santo Domingo Este, If I go into detail of everyone I will never stop writing.
but I'm going to start giving information on what's going on in la zona oriental of Santo Domingo with a few people that don't try to hide much what their doing( the info is on a specific neighbourhood near the air force base).

ok, there is a group of people involved in a large number of scams: prostitution ( which is nothing new), but also, extortion ( including making treats on peoples life who don't provide them with money and making their lives difficult to try to get the people to leave who don't put money in their pockets), and the stealing of solares, and a number of small scams. like getting people to connect directly to the electric light, and having you pay them a monthly amount instead of paying the electric company. preventing the city garbage company from entering our sector, so we have to pay his guys to pick up the garbage. just allot of small scams which at first don't seem like a huge deal. but after ward, you realise that the more money they seem to be able to get out of you, the more they want.

There is a guy involved who works for the ayuntamineto of Santo Domingo his name is XXXXX, with an expired revolver ) .he basically uses his position in the ayuntamineto to try to intimidate anyone who complains of what's going on in his sector. and from time to time you see him sending minor girls to prostitute them selves to mostly foreigners or Dominican raised outside of the country. ( people he thinks have money)

there is a guy name XXXXX ( I don't have his last name but I have his picture not a good one which I will post in a few days. depending on the out come of my initial post). this guy works in construction as an intimidator, he threatens people in construction who try to do work in certain areas ( I know he did it to my guys) and he has backing from some corrupt cops. Hilberto is probably the worst of all, although he is often smiling and trying to look pleasant. He often threatens people who go into the sector to do any type of construction work, and he has the backing of a few cops. this is probably because unlike picking up garbage, construction involves a decent amount of money.

I have the picture of one of the corrupt cops, although not a good one, but you can see his face. there was a shooting involved( I know this because I almost got shot) and two cops came in a took the guns and other stuff from the shooter before another group of cops ( the honest cops) came in to see what was happening. when one of the cops saw I recorded what was going one, he never returned. however, the other cop kept on coming in to bail XXXXX and some of his guys out of any problems. in one of the occasion I was able to take a picture of the cop although not a good one.

There is a female lawyer lady( I can get her full name and office phone number), that has a hair salon/law office, which is where often the guy go to hook up with the prostitutes. I personally don't think prostitution is a big deal in DR because its every where. however, they do bring other side effect into the neighbourhood, and alot of problems. when I tried to take the picture of this lady, she put something over her head. but, I did manage to get a picture. not a good one of her.

there is also a number of other people involved. there is a look out guy( this was the shooter, I mentioned above), that spends all his time near the hair salon. acting like his cutting grass. he is basically a lookout man, when someone that they don't want to know what's going on in the neighbourhood comes by, a car that is parked in the entrance of the neighbourhood passes by and lets this guy know, he then alerts the lady in the salon and all the prostitutes leave, as well as other people like XXXXX and the teniente they all leave before anyone can enter the area.

The primer teniente, he does not do much, except if anyone who is involved in military/police passes by that might be snooping around as to what is going on. he comes out and lets them know who he is, and so far just about everyone gets intimidated by his rank, and get out of there. but he must be important, after I took his picture I was threaten with getting a bullet put in my head. if I went to the fiscalia again.

another wanna be muscle guy, he drives a gua-gua, who mostly deals in prostitution and extortion, he is one of the people that demand you give them a monthly amounts. plus, you never actually see him, using his gua-gua to pick up passengers, his gua-gua is usually full of girls and he only picks you up to introduce to you the prostitutes. apparently, prostitution seems to be big in DR.

there is also, a police lady, she tries to intimidate anyone who snoops around with saying the are going to get arrested. but, if anyone shows that they are not intimidated she basically gets in her car and leaves until the problems are gone.

I know most of the info I gave talked about prostitutes, which is no big deal over there. But these guys are involved in much more serious stuff. I can literally go on for day giving details, and what I stepped into. and they are really making life uncomfortable for many people in the area where they are running the scams.

I have the name (full, and partial of some people involved). I have the pictures. of others whose name I don't know.

I may have not gone into details of my personal experience, and into all the other stuff that goes on. but basically, we live in a place with very little freedom, these guys believe that the people in that area are put there to put cash in their pocket each month. and if you don't put enough, your life becomes a living hell. my girlfriend left that neighbourhood freaked telling me if we wanted to live happily we should move back to our old neighbourhood. and we have to smile act happy and tell anyone who comes in asking question that all is great and anyone who says other wise must be crazy. we do this because we don't want our live to be made more difficult.

In my cause, the lady cop tried to set me up saying I was some kind of criminal... this was to justify trying to extort money from me, this was in part because she thought I was from the US and had no family in DR. this went bad, because although I was raised in America, I have allot of family and friend in DR, that know what my profession is. anyway, this was the beginning of my problems in that area. and what led to me going to the fiscalia, and led me to start snooping around about what other things these people were involved in. my experience is very long and complicated and took over a period of more than a year. but, basically, these people try to pray on Dominican who are raised out side DR that they believe have little or no family in DR.

in that time I was almost shot, and several threats where made of my life. again, every time I start getting info on these people, they cover their butts, and I don't want to go into details until I have the full name of every one involved in this mess. but, in the period of one year, I have seen the most bizarre side of DR, something like out of a mobster movie. a side, that in all the trips I have taking to DR I never saw until I decided to live in DR. something way far beyond, a couple of prostitutes and some hustlers.

I have uploaded the picture of the primer teniente, and the bad cop.more pictures to come later. plus, I'm going to set-up a website, which I will let people know about in several Dominican Neighbourhoods in the US in order to encourage anyone who has had an encounter with corrupt people in DR to take pictures, and post. that's just in case a forum like this one tries to censor my posts.

sooner or later, someone with power in DR and an interest to get rid of these bad individuals will read this and do something.

Last edited by a moderator:

baby bori

May 18, 2010
These are prime examples of the scumbagas that are polluting the DR hopefully the day will come when scum like this will be exposed and reprimanded accordingly well I could only wish!!!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Yes, there is a lot of corruption in this country, especially in certain sectors of the many towns. It could be trouble constantly confronting these individual so the best thing you can do for now is move.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
You are NOT allowed to post peoples personal details if you are making accusations against them, unless you are willing to post your own details.

We DO NOT allow anonymous threads of this type.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.