ano nuevo recommendations ?!

evonic

Aug 20, 2010
hello,

i will be over ano nuevo in santo domingo and never celebrated it there.

so what location/event would you recommend me if i want to have fun with 2 family members between 25-35 but also in a nice luxury atmosphere.

the price doesnt matter

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Here's an ? for a start :)

There's usually a big party on the malec?n with top Dominican bands and a fireworks display but if it's luxury you're after, then nightclubs, social clubs, restaurants and hotels will have their own bashes.

The precise details are usually announced closer to the date, during December.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Here's an ? for a start :)

There's usually a big party on the malec?n with top Dominican bands and a fireworks display

I went to this three years ago. It wasn't luxurious except that the entertainment was probably the best in town that night. If it is on again this year, there is a Marriott (Jaragua) within walking distance with pretty nice rooms.

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
the best new years eve in SD has always been tono rosario at the jaragua. be there or be square, but, one of these years cousin tono will get tired of this gig, he's been doing it for ten years at least, so i can't say if this year will be a repeat......anybody have any info on if fireworks will be banned? again? i love being in my penthouse apt on Xmas eve watching all the fireworks going off around me. sometimes they get pretty close, scary close. but, cigaretttes are killers, leave me alone medical experts. i'll kill myself as i please, but if we can keep a kid from losing his fingers i guess the ban on fireworks is a good thing and will be repeated..............