Got a visa to the UK....now for flights??

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
Ok, so we got our visa to UK. What are our options for flying there?

Can we just go to a rep and get us a direct flight there? Or is it better to fly via Brussels??

ANy help would be appreciated,
Thanks!

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
Im not sure.....would it?

But I hear Dominicans arent allowed on a direct flight to Uk.....so how do we get there????

domilinguist

Feb 22, 2008
As long as your final destination is the U.K. and you don't leave the airport in Europe, you can get a flight from Santo Domingo with Air France via Paris and Iberia or Air Europa via Madrid. If you have a long-term visa you can also get a one way charter flight from POP or PUJ. British Airways also fly direct to London from Punta Cana but I always find them to be far too expensive.

whiskylee

May 13, 2007
Well done for getting the visa

We did this 6 years ago for my wife, Charterflights from Dom Rep to UK are not an option, Air France Schedule was the route we took, Santo Domingo to Paris then to Manchester

Check Air France on line for prices. Make sure it is a return flight as this is a requirment of the visa

Whiskylee

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
iberia has an offer now, via madrid, have them checked.
and look into the need of schengen visa, they have just changed the regulations and getting it is a bit of a pain in the neck...

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
Suppose I should clarify....would prefer to fly from PP as we have a small child so would like to make the journey as straight forward as possible.

I know 2 Dominicans that have traveled direct to UK with Thomsons or Thomas Cook....how come some people can and some cant?

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
A year ago in Madrid a schengen visa was not needed for "in- transit" passengers. We flew Air Europa. I suggest you ask the airline you propose to fly with.

whiskylee

May 13, 2007
Call thomson etc then call air France etc and explain the nationality and type of visa you have and they will tell you what your options are

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Here's a resent posting from a member who's Dominican mother in law was taking her first flight with a visa to the UK. So double check with Thomas cook

i have spoken today over the phone with the manager of thomas cook in punta cana and yes it's possible now for a dominican to travel one way on a charter flight as long their visa is valid for 6month.
cost=600 usd
so we gonna give a try!

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Congatulations and good luck eralc777. I was going to ask a question about a US visa, but I think I'll start a new thread.

Last edited:

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
republicadominicana.bbactif.com
Here's a resent posting from a member who's Dominican mother in law was taking her first flight with a visa to the UK. So double check with Thomas cook

yes indeed anna.
i flown last week from puj to london with thomas cook with my mother in law.
she got a dominican passport and a 6 month visa and we had no issue whatsoever.
it was 600 usd plus the departure tax,20 usd.
we had to wait at the last minute as the flight was full.
but the thomas cook supervisor was very helpful and not fussy at all by her nationality.

raf2012

Dec 29, 2008
flight to UK with Thomas Cook

Hello everybody,
Does anybody knows how or where to contact Thomas Cook in Dominican Republic for a one-way or return flight to UK? It's for a dominican national with a 6 months visa. Is there any Thomas Cook agency over there? I've never seen any.....maybe in Puerto Plata....I don't know.
Thank you very much for any advice!
Bye now