Help with trip planning (itinerary provided)

DRBounce

Sep 23, 2010
Dec. 1-Spend time in Santo Domingo at father's home (take photos in the area, cannons, etc., go fishing), shop artesanias?
Dec. 2-Spend time in Santo Domingo at father's home (Go to Boca Chica) eat fish there on the beach
Dec.3-Go to Punta Cana Resort really early in the morning if I didn't go the night before
Dec.4-Be at the resort chilling all inclusive and eat at restaurants
Dec.5-(Get back to SDQ in the morning if I didn't the night before) Take 11:30am flight and return to NYC

So, if I want to go from Punta Cana to SDQ to catch that 11:30am flight, would I be able to wake up really early on the 5th and catch a bus or something, or would I have to leave the night of the 4th?

Also, are there any overnight transport options from SDQ to Punta Cana, or vice versa, so as to not waste vacation time travelling during the day?

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
It sounds like the time with family in the capital is a priority, so IMHO it is the Punta Cana part that is not practical. Way to far to go for too little time, especially if you aren't driving. I would suggest getting your beach time at Boca Chica/Juan Dolio, where you are just a few minutes from the airport on your last morning.

Mar 1, 2009
If you can, hit the hostal Nicolas de Ovando, I just saw a documentary about it. Very nice smack dab in la Zona. Only bad thing is you gotta pay Zona prices, which aren't that bad.