Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beware -Codetel

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Beware -Codetel

Codetel cheated me yet another time. I was not in the country for two months and i do not have the roaming facility. I have Plan Control. They did recharged for one month and did not do it for another month. I had asked for claim and they recharged 126 pesos whereas I have to get 1200 pesos. Then filed another claim. For that they said their system shows that it had been recharged and I had used it. When i showed the proof that I am not in the country, they said they will call me back. That is it. They did not call me either. I am tired of going behind them and waiting to get this kind of idiotic reply.

The other case is I am using Banda Ancha for more than 2 years and i had bought a new computer. When I tried to install it, modem did not configure. When I take it to them they said that the modem is not recognised by the windows and I had to change the window. I got shocked since it was abrand new computer with legal copy of windows. The other solution they gave me is that I had to buy a new modem for 2000 pesos or sign another contract for 18 months. I took back the computer saying that if I need to sign another contract I do not need the internet connection itself. I took the modem and the computer to a computer guy and he configured it in no time. It was very simple and these guys tried to rob me. So beware of them.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

its not really that they robed you, their just are not enough qualify people to do "customer service"
    could you imagine ATT company doing business here?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

i think at&t is doing business here. the company orange is the european company that bought out at&t in the states when they were bankrupt.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ray718 View Post
    i think at&t is doing business here. the company orange is the european company that bought out at&t in the states when they were bankrupt.
    Yup thats true, Orange is the Dominican equivalent of AT&T here. I myself us their service, and I find it to be pretty adequate.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I love my Orange cell phone, so yes Orange is the best!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Banda Ancha?

Banda Wancha!!!!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Taino808 View Post
    Yup thats true, Orange is the Dominican equivalent of AT&T here. I myself us their service, and I find it to be pretty adequate.
    Orange Dominicana has no affiliation with Cingular, It is owned by France Telecom.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

When Orange first came to DR there was a nice glitch in the system and AT&T/Cingular cell phone customers in the USA could call DR Orange cell phones as a free mobile-to-mobile call. We were in DR and our daughter called us all the time, I told her she was going to get an enormous cell phone bill and boy were we all surprised when it was all free. It didn't last very long, the next time we were there she did the same thing and and ended up with a $300 overage on her cell bill.

So I'm thinking it must be on the same network somehow - or at least it was??

AE

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    When Orange first came to DR there was a nice glitch in the system and AT&T/Cingular cell phone customers in the USA could call DR Orange cell phones as a free mobile-to-mobile call. We were in DR and our daughter called us all the time, I told her she was going to get an enormous cell phone bill and boy were we all surprised when it was all free. It didn't last very long, the next time we were there she did the same thing and and ended up with a $300 overage on her cell bill.

So I'm thinking it must be on the same network somehow - or at least it was??

AE
    The glitch was 809 was recognized as a "domestic" area code, hence the free calls. (In Network) I have a hard time dialing on Skype Mobile for the same reason, it "aks" me to use Verizon.

France Telecom owns Orange RD, and was never affiliated with Cingular or AT&T.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tamborista View Post
    Orange Dominicana has no affiliation with Cingular, It is owned by France Telecom.
    I didnīt say it was affiliated, I said it was the equivalet. However, I guess I should have said that it was similar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast