French language call center

Pavlov

Sep 4, 2009
Hi,

I live in Canada and I know some Haitians living in the DR.

We know that English speaking call centers have been relocated to places like India and the Phillipines.

But there's a large market of French speaking people around the world who need call centers and there hasn't been a similar movement to offshore these services, ergo these companies are paying big overhead for their employees to answer the phone.

The Haitians I know living in the DR (near Santo Domingo) speak impeccable French and the infrastructure (electricity, computer, phones, rent) in the country seems passable to start such an enterprise. I'm sure they'd work for $3 an hour, about one fifth the going rate here.

Is there anybody who has experience in this domain? I'd like to help out my Haitian friends, lower costs, make a buck, etc.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
there are existing call centers who already do small projects in French. Your friends needs to ask around and start applying. I assume they all have cedulas that allow them to work here legally.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
But there's a large market of French speaking people around the world who need call centers and there hasn't been a similar movement to offshore these services, ergo these companies are paying big overhead for their employees to answer the phone.

It has been done for the French market in France and the call centers are offshored in North Africa (Morocco and Tunisia).

I don't know for the Canadian Francophone market, it could be an interesting idea.

Good luck with that !

petersound

Oct 14, 2015
Hi Sir.

Hi!
I am Peterson, I'm Haitian and I live in Santiago of Dominican Republic, I finished studying,
I graduated in Bioanalyse, and now I am studying Bio-pharmacy, I saw this links and signed, because I would like to works in a call center, I speak French, Creole, Spanish and English.
sincerely yours.