Need assistance planning a north coast trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamz20

Dec 3, 2010
I am in the process of planning a trip for me and a few buddies.

Background -

1. From Chicago and 1st time to the DR.
2. our average age is about 28 (I am 41). 6 of us all guys.
3. Looking for nightlife and fun beaches during day.
4. Considering last week of July.
5. Budget 50 - 200 a night.

Consideration -

- As I am planning this I want to have the most fun possible for them as well as me.
- Should I consider bigger (all - inclusive) hotels or boutique/smaller hotels.

I don't know just looking to kinda make a annual thing of this and looking for help. I have read the forums and trip advisor.. Just looking for color to the post. Was thinking of Sosua but don't know.

Slick James

Mar 11, 2010
I'll co-sign the mention of Cabarete....lots of sh1t to do there, just beware the hustlers. As for a place to stay, Hotel Kaoba is a good, cheap spot...very clean but no frills, and I imagine if you're a bunch of dudes you're probably not too worried about frills.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
Sosua Bay would be another option. it's a great all inclusive and the beach is right behind the hotel.

PapaGG

May 31, 2010
Great day trip

Hi Jamz...

If you and your buddies want a great day out fishing, a little sight seeing, some local action, booze and then go tubing behind a 150 HP's I can recommend Njoy Tours. They are awesome. You can be part of a group (12 no more) or you can book privately, just you and your buddies.

The fishing is simply awesome, you will catch fish! The lunch is not covered but will be the best food you've had in the North Coast.

They usually have a little rum complimentary, but if you want something else, just ask ahead.

I can really recommend this tour, It's buy far the most action packed one on the North Coast. You can read about it on Trip Advisor (Njoy Tours)

BigLongBeach

Feb 8, 2010
rent a Villa

your budget of $50-$200 is that per person? outside of the hotel costs? If so you can do lots of things down there.

Rent a villa in Perla Marina, Casa Linda, or Hispanola.
At each you can pay for a cook, and they will hook you up with a driver if needed to show you around(the owners at Perla M. offered it onetime)

You will find plenty of places to party but if you want to do outdoor activitites like kite surfing, fishing, hiking, etc. look into the travel groups mentioned in prior posts.

May 29, 2006
I also liked Kaoba compared to many of the Sosua hotels. It's not on the beach, but it's closer to the beach than just about anything in Sosua with lots of options for room quality. I liked that they had bungalos.

Both Sosua and Cabarete have their plusses and minuses. You can do kiteboarding/wind-surfing and many other active sports in Cabarete that aren't available in Sosua, but Sosua has more diving operations and the beach has more of a local feel to it. The beach is much bigger in Cabarete. Sosua has more shade areas near the beach if it's a hot day.

charlie&ziggy

Mar 1, 2009
Sounds great

Hi Jamz...

If you and your buddies want a great day out fishing, a little sight seeing, some local action, booze and then go tubing behind a 150 HP's I can recommend Njoy Tours. They are awesome. You can be part of a group (12 no more) or you can book privately, just you and your buddies.

The fishing is simply awesome, you will catch fish! The lunch is not covered but will be the best food you've had in the North Coast.

They usually have a little rum complimentary, but if you want something else, just ask ahead.

I can really recommend this tour, It's buy far the most action packed one on the North Coast. You can read about it on Trip Advisor (Njoy Tours)

Njoy Tours?, what are the best times for these tours / fishing season, We go to Costambar every spring and would love to go on a day fishing trip. This year we will not be there till April though any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.