Why is it so difficult to get a ...

W

Wim

Why is it so difficult for a dominican person to get a visa to Europa . Let me explain it .
I'm a guy from Europa and I'm in love of a dominican girl . We meet each other 1 year ago .

I visit her last year 5 times and now we will live together in Belgium , but the problem is that she can't have a visa to visit Belgium . I will live with her , but I don't know that she can live here with cold weather and whitout here family . That is the raising I will her here in Belgium .

But becoming a visa is inpossible !

Can somebody help me or somebody have a solution for this problem ?

Answer here or e-mail me .

Thanks alot ,

greetings Wim .

P

pascal

Wim ,

Belgium like some other european countries have gone through a ' legalization ' process recently. Under certain conditions illegals have been given residency papers. This was however aiming at restricting further mass immigration into the country.
I also believe that the overwhelming Belgian bureaucracy struggles with the legalisation process and do not wish to add more to it at the moment.The authorities are even withdrawing residency paper to Dominicans that have lived in the country for years and are unable to prove revenus and related tax payments.
If your girlfriend is over 18 , it'll be nearly impossible to get her a tourist visa for Europe hence Belgium.
The only way would be to marry her in the Dominican Republic and legalized your marriage back in Belgium. It'll take 2 to 3 months after the wedding to get her a visa.
Most dominicans I know in Belgium are very well integrated and acquainted to the country , you should have no concern in that respect.

Pascal

A

Another Gringo in Pto.Pta.

there is a easier way, because you just need a "Schengen Visa" thats good for almost whole europe.
Spain is (until now) not so hard for dominicans. So if you are here, go in St.D. with her to the spanish embajada and try it there. Just say you life in sain and show right tickets....

Friends (germans)last week told me it whas fast and quite easy.
cu/charly....(who wish you good luck....)

H

hillbilly

The "why" in your question is complicated

It might be that 90% of the women that go to Europe are prostitutes recruited from here.

It might be that the Dominicans have learned in the US, in Canada and in Europe , to take extreme full advantage of all the socialized benefits of industrial economies-welfare, worker's compensation, free health care etc, and now the European countries, having seen this, are trying to stem the flow.

It might be that the European countries just do not want more latins in their countries. For years, places like Belgium have required more documentation for tourist visas than the US required for residence visas! That is why many Dominican tour companies have/had taken Belgium off their tours....too much hassle...even for the very wealthy.

Just my ideas, is all
HB

W

Walker

Good question, who put the bell at the cat.
I do not know about law matters, but reading about how US and Spain authoritys are handling visa aplications from dominicans, i think things will change when with have a goverment who aks they tourist for the same dominican visa.

Trinidad-Tobago are in love with us know they want our market for they CARICOM products. They love us, are our brothers, but few years ago they do no allow dominicans in their land, iven for plane changing in commercial flys.

We need a goverment who open arms to another nations, not the l...
sorry for the pestenig english i know

B

Bobs

Re: The "why" in your question is complicated

Ho Hillbilly, take another puff off them cigars and relax. 90 percent of Dominicanas coming to Europe, prostitutes ? Where did you get that info ? Beg to differ with that and with your socalled "socialized benefits". I dare you to ask that Vietnam Vet if he would rather have them "socialized benefits" or standing in line for the soupkitchen and begging in the streets.
His devotion to the Stars and Stripes cost him his legs and now he has to beg for food. Don't misunderstand me, the US is a great country and I had my best child/teenage-years there.
Here in Holland a big chunk is taken off my bruto salary and diverted to these "socialized" social services. The unemployed have an income, affordable healthcare is maintained, everybody is happy, etc. etc. And I don't mind (much). 'Cause if criminals stopped plundering society tomorrow, I'd be out of a job. No matter, I don't need to beg on a streetcorner, I can claim social income.
Now the Dominicanas. Most here in Holland at least, got here through valid marriages, with only a few through illegal migration and pseudomarriage. Yes, there have been arrests of Dominicans in brothels. But the numbers are small. Most estimates of DR citizens in prostitution I know of, speak of nowhere near the figure you gave. I will not go into detail, but our intelligence talks of organized crime, girls lured under false pretence especially to Germany, Spain and Switzerland. A big prostitutionring was busted two years back by a Spanish TV-program, jeapordizing another big operation by Europol. A Dutchman was arrested along with his compadres in the DR and Spain.
Wim, het is inderdaad moeilijk, yes it is difficult. Charly, das stimmt nicht, somebody told you a fairytale. The Schengen-accord stipulating travel and traffic into and within the EU is strict, also for Spain. Still it is not impossible to get that visa.
Make sure your papers are in order when you apply for visa, have someone from Europe invite you and mention in that invitation that the host will guarantee you will not be a burden to the state.
If marriage is the goal, say so and cooperate with the police in your country as they investigate if you have sufficient means for a household. But equally important, get on that consular employees case, phone him or her, so they know you as a host are following events closely from Europe. These consul/embassy-boys tend to get lazy out there. Get on their skin !
Wim's problem is that Belgium has become a prime target for both fake and legitimate refugees and economic migrants, wanting to get to a.o., the UK. Also Belgium, had sort of an general amnesty for illegal migrants a few months back and services there have an enormous backlog of applications. That gave trafficjams and a massive influx of illegals from all corners of Europe, claiming to have lived in Belgium for years, now wanting a pardon. Houdt moed, Wim.

W

Wim

The biggest problem is : you wait 3 months for a negative answer and it cost you alot of money for nothing !!

Thanks for yours response , Wim

H

hillbilly

The figures are pretty close-ask the

Dutch Consul or the Spanish Consul or the Belgium Consul!!
As for social programs. Great! But you have not gone there to sponge off the economy rather to be gainfully employed, I presume, or, as a Dutch/Belgium National, to gather the fruits of your birthright. Heck, I might go to the States to get Medicare, for all I know....The point is that they are well aware of the propensity of "most" of the latin immigrants to take advantage of the socialized systems....that's all.

Finally, I will admit that there have been a lot of cases where "innocent" young ladies have been snookered into prostitution, but any Dominican lady going to Switzerland knows full well what she is going there for!!
HB

A

hola Bob,
nobody told me a fairytale*LOL*, because to my many years in RD I did so many Visa SUCCESFUL to Germany /family & friends) that I cannot count them any more.......
So I know the rules and that/how it easy works, but not for Belgium. That's why I want to give him this idea.
cu/charly....(who knows how to do good paperwork....)

A

If you like to have some good advises, just mail......
cu/charly....(who never was unsuccessful by aply to a Visa...)

B

Bobs

Charly, liebe freund, I can only tell you what is told to me in our contacts with German (BKA, BGS) and Spanish (GC,PJ) official channels. Personally, I like what they tell me informally better.
But compared to the influx of Afghans, North Africans, Irakees, Kurdish Turks etc. the numbers of DR-citizens coming illegally into Europe is absolutely negligable. Either for prostitution, "dancing" or otherwise.
And for Hillbilly : I'm sure the folks at the Dutch consulates know full well that knowingly supplying misinformation to officials back home, gets them a one-way trip to the consulate in Ouagadouggou.