BEER

J

Janice

WHAT KIND OF BEER DO THEY HAVE???
STAYING AT ROYAL UVERO ALTO...DO THEY HAVE ANY COORS - MILLER - BUD???

ANY INFO ON RESORT WOULD ALSO BE HELPFUL
THANKS
JAN

M

Marvin

Presidente, Presidente, Presidente!!!

Jan,

With a name like Presidente, how could you choose anything else? Seriously, many of the american brands are available, but if you like them, you will probably enjoy a nice cold Presidente as well. Curiously, I seemed to enjoy it more from a bottle than the draft, but maybe that was because the drafts never seemed to be cold enough.

By the way, Presidente is brewed in the DR (I think), and Miller imports it to the US (in some places).

A

Another Gringo in Pto.Pta.

Re: Presidente, Presidente, Presidente!!!

Whe have 4 big brands, Quisquella(sorry, wrong......), Soberano, Bohemia and Presidente.
But since 10 years (ore since it belongs to Marlborro)Presidente take the market.....
And the taste is almost even with the famous German BECK's BIER; so.............
cu/charly....(who starts in RD to drink beer.......)

A

Adalgiza

Word to the wise, bypass the Coors, Miller and Bud. I have never, ever been a beer drinker. Aside from a few 'Keg' parties I've been too and an occasional football game, beer was not my prefered drink. In comes 'Presidente.' No sooner do I get to the Dominican Republic, in November, that I become a beer aficionada. The 'Presidente is sooooo good, local American beers will automatically take a back burner. Hope you enjoy your stay.

R

Ronald McIntosh

Presidente on Tap in DR! It dosent get any better *DC*

W

Walker

Re: BEER Tjhere is anorther good one

Best keep secret in country: there is another make in Valle de la Vega Real, Colombus most love land, with the mark "Quisqueya".

One of the Bermudez, famous name in ron, make it only for selling
"Frente al Monumento de Santiago en Puerta del Sol", and in some hotels in the north cost of the country.

Im not a expert, i prefer drinks for gods bringed here from Rivera del Duero and Rioja, tested in the best restaurant in country, Pez Dorado, but some people say quisqueya taste like the great germmans beers...

Miss Vicioso, there is no pay adverstisment here, i feel what i writte about...

C

Charlie

I don't know what the Dominicans do to that yeast, but Presidente even beats Heineken in my book. Normally, I might drink one beer a month, because I don't care for it. But, when I'm in the D.R., if I sip Presidente, I've got to have a couple more rounds. Presidente puts American beer to shame.

W

Walker

Re: waste time on Coors etc "Presidente is the wor

You like that brand, good. But another persons have the righ to prefer anothers, or not?