Getting to Navarrete

R

Ronald McIntosh

How does one get to Navarrete from the capital. How much does it cost? How long does it take? and which bus should I get on? Thanks in advance.

W

Walker

Best way is to go Metro Buses, second choice Terrabus, and # 3 Caribe Tours. Take ticket to Santiago. There, best is use Caribe and take anyone going to Mao, Esperanza, Manzanillo o Montecristi.They all past trough Navarrete. One way will be around 125 or 140 dominican pesos, it depent the company you use. More expense are the first.
They are more cheap, ask for "voladoras" in the east side o Santo Domingo (and God help you with the noise as hell couse the bachata music).

If need another indications, after been in Santiago 724 4444, if no in officce, ask the girl in the phone for walkers beeper.

R

Ronald McIntosh

I dont think im going to need his services

... or yours thank you very much

H

hillbilly

You just blew a good thing ronnie...

you would be best advised to just go over to the Nacional Supermarket there in Santo Domingo when you come in June, and buy from them.
If you had used your head, I could have picked you up at the bus stop,taken you for the drive over to my friend's place, maybe had a beer and a kipe, gotten you in tight with them and maybe gotten you a good price for the box or two you want to purchase.
I don't think you will do much in Navarette, even with your broken Spanglish....Yes, I know you called the factory...
Do you know that you are the first person on this or any other board that has really gotten to me? You were grossly cavelier in your rejection. The "why" I just cannot imagine. However, did you ever even stop to think that I just might have something to do with that factory??? Did you!??

One very p.o.'d HB

R

Ronald McIntosh

Re: You just blew a good thing ronnie...

I didnt reject you hillbilly, I am just trying to avoid the middleman. If you are not one then I apologize. Why would you want to shut me out? There is no doubt I will be able to procure the product. I was just seeking information, not a service. If you control the tobacco industry in Santiago then maybe I do have something to learn. Dont take it personally. Good Luck.

H

hillbilly

middleman? for two boxes of cigars?

Come on Ronnie: Get a life!

I do not pretend to "control" anything...However, I do like it when people take advantage of what I can offer to them. Hell, man, I have my own factories! But, we are a brotherhood here, and we help each other out. I take people over to my friends' places all the time. Until you showed up, I thought that most cigar people were a sort of brotherhood, too. You sure proved me wrong.

And you should know this: You will be paying full retail on anything you buy. While this should be below what you are going to pay in the States, you will have to ask yourself if it is going to be worth the travel, the time and the agravation to save a few bucks.

Now, if you have an Importer's License, you can establish a business relationship, and import your cigars way below retail, for sure. In fact I encourage you to do this.

To reaffirm: You blew a good thing. Like the line in "On the Waterfront"--"We could'a been chamnps!"

T

Tom

Re: middleman? for two boxes of cigars?

Some people just don't understand when someone offers to help. Guess it comes from their own inability to give without expected compensation?

Tom