Mechanics Course

F

Fe

Does anyone know of any institutes in Santo Domingo, La Vega, or Santiago that offer a mechanics course/program? (I mean mechanics as in being licensed to fix cars...)

Thanks for the help!

H

Henry

I guess you are joking - the companies over here send their people to the US to get their education and when they are back, they are worse than the local folks!!!

H

hillbilly

There are several available

First off, there is INFOTEP, a National Program geared to teach auto mechanics to people who want to learn. Costs are negligble.
They have courses in Electricals, hydraulics, and mechanical.
Infotep also offers courses on lathes and other mechanical skills.
Then there are the Politechnical schools of which Loyola in San Cristobal is the most famous. Hipolito (our president went there).
There are polytechs in Santiago (IPISA-run by the Salesian Fathers), Dajabon and San Cristobal (run by the the Jesuits).
There are also used to be a school in Santo Domingo called Artes y Oficios,but i really don't know if it exists anymore.

But, in general, there are plenty of places to learn, if one has the desire.
HB

And, it is true that some of the large firms, like Delta , that handles Volvo, Toyota and maybe some other line, also sends its mechanics different places for advanced training.