Cofresi advice needed - supermarkets? diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tubro

Dec 23, 2010
Hi all. We're traveling with two families including two newborns to Lifestyles Crown Villas in mid january. Any general thoughts, experiences and recommendations about the resort or the region are appreciated, but specifically, we're curious what the nearest good supermarket is, and what quality diapers we can buy in the area. Bringing a week's worth of diapers is a pain but i heard that the quality of available disposable diapers isn't good.

thanks in advance and merry Christmas.

larry

champ

Dec 2, 2006
cofresi

there are no supermarkets in cofresi,,3km to las serena,,lifestyle very nice resort,,,bring your own diapers,,the only store is the liquor store at ocean world,,have fun

ray718

May 28, 2010
diapers

the diapers available in the dominican republic are no the best quality. I learn that from experience last year. Your best bet is to bring a couple of diaper boxes as carry on items.

ray

miozio

May 23, 2009
the diapers available in the dominican republic are no the best quality. I learn that from experience last year. Your best bet is to bring a couple of diaper boxes as carry on items.

ray
Where do you shop for them? Gas stations? What's wrong with "Pampers" brand? They are the best! Every decent supermarket in DR has them, but the resorts here don't. So if the OP is not willing to leave the area, it's wise to bring them.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Pampers, Huggies, etc., are all available in supermarkets in DR. You probably won't find them in colmados or hotel stores tho.

AE

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
If you need to go shopping walk to the mean road and catch a "voladora" toward Puerto Plata city (10 minutes ride) get off at "La parada del Hospital" you will see Super mercado Jose Luis from this point.

JJ

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
Half way between your resort and Ocean World there is a resterant called Chris and Maddies. They also have a store there that I would assume would have diapers.
It would just be a 5 minute walk.
I have not been to Cofresi for a few years so I would do a Google search to make sure they are still in business.
I like the resterant too. Stop in for a beer if you wander down that way.
Enjoy and good luck!!!

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Chris & Maddy are still in business. You can go to any of the main supermarkets in Puerto Plata and buy name brand diapers. They will be more expensive then you are used to but you will make up the money by buying local Rum, coffee etc to take back home. So bring enough diapers for a day or two and then make an event of going to Puerto Plata (10 minutes away) and enjoy the town!

Reactions: waytogo

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
the store next to Chris and Maddy's has been closed for a while.

there is a store inside Lifestyle property but I'm not sure if they sell diapers, its possible but they are very expensive there.

Half way between your resort and Ocean World there is a resterant called Chris and Maddies. They also have a store there that I would assume would have diapers.
It would just be a 5 minute walk.
I have not been to Cofresi for a few years so I would do a Google search to make sure they are still in business.
I like the resterant too. Stop in for a beer if you wander down that way.
Enjoy and good luck!!!

web

Nov 5, 2005
You could always go to Jenny's Supermarket in Costambar which is very close. Right past the entrance on the right hand side.

Status
Not open for further replies.