Best food "specials" in Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevswick

Jan 23, 2006
When you're on a budget and staying at an "A.I." it's not to hard to eat and drink mostly at the resort.
I'm looking for some of the best "specials" at the bars and restaurants in Cabarete to pry some pesos from my miserly fingers. Actually I'd love to spend more, just can't.

Thank you.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I think you posted in the wrong section - the only specials I know are in sosua at the Britannia bar , I think they have a web site with the info

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
There are nightly specials/theme nights at many restaurants in Cabarete... just walk around and check the signs or ask! A few to mention:

Lax has 100 peso burger/fries on Monday nights (until they run out of burgers). Lax also has other daily specials... just don't recall what they are now.

A-Bailar next to the mini-golf has nightly specials... they change daily/weekly.

Voyvoy has nightly specials.

Jose O'Shays usually has some special or another.

If you don't see something promoted at a restaurant that interests you... ask!

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
I think you posted in the wrong section - the only specials I know are in sosua at the Britannia bar , I think they have a web site with the info

Well u probably never been to Cabarete then. Cabarete is all about specials between 4 and 7.

Lax 5-6 half chicken and fries 125 (half price), Bohemia beer 50 pesos. 6-7 all kind of tapas half price... mojitos 2 for 1

Casanova - half price on food and drinks between 4 and 6

Onnos happy hour for food and drinks between 6 and 7.

Kahuna also have deals during these hours not sure exactly what.

voy voy have a big meal special every night starting at 7. 150 pesos.

Condorito

Aug 2, 2010
Dollar per dollar- or peso por eso- A Bailar- next to the minigolf and managed by Tony, has the best homemade feel food, all the main dishes are plentiful and mostly under $ 200pesos.

Nice atmosphere, a bit of local art work and nice canned music. Is not right on the beach, just opposite the main avenue, but is worth every peso.

As for best juice bar and light food, the place owned by Franco and Sonia can not be beaten. It is located right west of Pomodoro Restaurant.

You can have an awesome natural fruit juice and an Italian sandwich for $ 150 pesos, and at Happy Hour 2 mojitos for 150...

I would stay away from O'Sheas..had a 7 Up and one shot of Baileys...12 dollars...good gringo hangout if u want to watch NBA or NFL, with NYC prices though

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
the person was wanting to save money ...so i went with the only 99peso special place I knew , some specials are more than the meals from the menu, so you have to watch for those.
I dont actually look for specials as they are usually too early and you are right I dont eat out in cabarete much lol

lins150

May 13, 2009
Kahuna's on the beach has great food specials and cheap drinks. They're 2 for 1 pasta on Tuesday is really good and they're $40peso taco's on Thursdays are good too. They have other specials during the week as well.

Reactions: mike l

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
Dollar per dollar- or peso por eso- A Bailar- next to the minigolf and managed by Tony, has the best homemade feel food, all the main dishes are plentiful and mostly under $ 200pesos.

Nice atmosphere, a bit of local art work and nice canned music. Is not right on the beach, just opposite the main avenue, but is worth every peso.

Where can I find this restaurant??? Is it on the main drag in town????

Thanks....

Jan 17, 2009

Where can I find this restaurant??? Is it on the main drag in town????

Thanks....

Right across the street from Villa Taina. You'll see the sign.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009

Sosua Specials:

Weds. Evening
Oriental Buffet at El Colibri
good food....

Thurs. Evening
All-you-can-eat Bar-B-Que buffet at Black Box on Soisua Beach

Fri. Evening
All-you-can-eat Bar-B-Que buffet at La Roca
Excellent...papi mucho likey......

Sat. Evening
All-you-can-eat Bar-B-Que buffet at El Colibri

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Sosua Specials:

Weds. Evening
Oriental Buffet at El Colibri
good food....

Thurs. Evening
All-you-can-eat Bar-B-Que buffet at Black Box on Soisua Beach

Fri. Evening
All-you-can-eat Bar-B-Que buffet at La Roca
Excellent...papi mucho likey......

Sat. Evening
All-you-can-eat Bar-B-Que buffet at El Colibri

Well the OP asked for Cabarete specials. He was not asking for papi mucho likey puta fria o puta frita.

OP - U will find great deals in Cabarete.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
Well the OP asked for Cabarete specials. He was not asking for papi mucho likey puta fria o puta frita.

OP - U will find great deals in Cabarete.

eeeww...testy, testy are we??? How shall you ever get over this crisis I've caused in the chatroom????

I am ever so sorry as to digress from the subject matter at hand here......I humbly beg your forgiveness.....:tired:

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
eeeww...testy, testy are we??? How shall you ever get over this crisis I've caused in the chatroom????

I am ever so sorry as to digress from the subject matter at hand here......I humbly beg your forgiveness.....:tired:

lol u r forgiven. Cant we start a bash sosua thread again? :cheeky:

Status
Not open for further replies.