The Germans (and more) are coming !

B

Bobs

Today the WDR (Germany's third nat'l TVchannel) repeated a '99 program on DR tourism. I understand that the airing of this (positive and quite informative) program did it for a lot of Germans and sent them running to book trips. So, who knows, maybe this is the spark of a second wave. I certainly hope so. The current value of the Euro isn't helping matters much, but that'll change. Hasta pronto. (link = programtitle)

J

JFS

Great (not)..now I can look forward to early mornings with towels on sun beds, meal times spent being shoved around the dining room while trying to get to the buffet, hours of fun around the pool as big fat men with stupid moustaches drunkenly sing songs to each other. Then we can try and settle down on an evening only to be told that the empty thirty or forty seats are being taken...I really can't wait.

I am surprised that with their toy town economy they can afford to travel that far. I imagine that the euro will soon be on a par with the peso.

K

Karl

Your comments are not only stupid, but also uneducated. I don't think you, like Brit I suppose, should speak about economics. You are only alive because the Europeans let you still live in your old junkyard. Drunken, big fat men with stupid moustaches looks more like UK than anything else.

Have a very good evening.

Karl

B

Bobs

Ahh...yes...The UK.
JFS, I guess you don't like Germans (too much). I have a bit of a problem though with that "toy town economy". Last time I looked they were buying some prize British real estate (p.e. in the carmanufacturing bizz). And you'll have to decide on joining the Euro real soon, real quick, otherwise economic reality is going to strike you in a nasty way. Your exports to and vacation on the mainland will dry up, Japanese/Korean/US investors will move their base of operations at a more rapid rate than they are doing now. Want me go on ?

J

JFS

Obviously my tongue in cheek comments have struck a nerve..of course I never meant to offend anybody!!

Your comments about the euro are fair enough .. but it is the rest of europe looking for the pound to bring stability rather than the other way round. We're doing nicely thank you..and the pound isnt built off the back of increasing mountains of personal debt like the dollar.

As for the drunken men with stupid moustaches.. I must apologise..I really meant the women with the moustaches and black forrest arm pits. Vot is German for "immac"?.

D

Duck

Man you are whacked. Have you been to Germany in the last few decades?

J

james

England is at least 40 years back compared to Germany,in about just everything.

J

JFS

We seem to be getting a little distracted here. Yes..we have had Mad Cow Disease and now we have Foot and Mouth. These are the hazzards of high intensity farming..incidently the income from which is used to subsidize the rest of of the European farming industry in the same way that the British, who make the largest finacial contribution to the European Union, are paying for German re-unification.

My original point was that I have spent the last twenty years, visiting diferent countries and resorts, trying to stay one step ahead of the sausage crunching hoards, in order to get two weeks of sunshine and relaxation...I thought maybe the DR would be a refuge.

Then I hit this message board only to see: THE GERMANS ARE COMING....For what happens next see my original post.

D

Duck

and a bit more modern ..

than most of the UK and North America in a lot of ways, although behind in others. At least I haven't seen hairy armpits on women. I wouldn't prefer to be anyplace else except the DR!

Anyhow, this is a DR related board - enough of this!

K

Karl

>>one step ahead of the sausage crunching hoards<<

You are still in the same tune.

You never learn poor guy.

D

Duck

British paying for what?

Do you have statistics on this, or did you come to this conclusion in the pub after about 5 pints?

D

DR-VETERAN

Re: The Germans & last place on Earth

didn't you know.You visit the last place on earth and the german
was there,is coming or just leaving when you arrive.so very little chance of staying ahead i think.

K

Karl

>>so very little chance of staying ahead i think. <<

THAT'S FOR THIS WE LOST THE WAR. Ha HA HA

Didn't you know already?!?!?!?

P

Paul

I cant believe some of the rubbish in this thread...The Brits do pay the most in order that the EU can spread stability. Its no coincidence that Spain has emerged in the last two decades from poverty, high unemployment and rampant inflation. In the next ten years the same will be said about Greece and Portugal....... Which brings us back to the DR... It seems to me that many of the hotels and other developements are being financed by Spanish companies....Some people may not like the Germans, or other nationalities, but they have spent their money in the tourists spots around the world, thus helping the local economies and helping the local people to prosper...I suppose that its in their nature that once they have seen most of Europe they would want to try elsewhere...Moving on, am I likely to encounter any boring Welshman during my impending stay in Punta Cana?

D

Duck

Hey Karl, where are you located, and can we get cold presidente next week where you are?

Please, details only via e-mail!